electrics

This area is for discussion/information on the "modern" AJS motorcycles manufactured in China from 2006 onwards.
dagodave

electrics

Post by dagodave »

hi guys recently bought an 09 regal raptor great little bike i think i could do university challenge on the electrics previous owner had taken everything off to cure a no start problem wot a nightmare after a day of trying to understand the laughable wiring diagrams in the haynes (russian roulette) diagrams it was back to tracing everything by logic it turned out to be a faulty clutch switch got that sorted then found no charge a broken wire behind battery box Red wire to the rectifier wot has thrown me is an unused red multiplug coming from the generator housing 6 pin but with nothing to match it does not seem to be used as i now have a 13 to 14 volt charge rate an everything looks fine will keep you posted well pleased with the bike Dagodave
saltbox alf
Deceased

Re: electrics

Post by saltbox alf »

Well done , any modern bike has nightmare electrics. You seem to have sorted out yon problems using the proper process eg logical investigation and not leaping to conclusions.
I hope you took some notes as you progresed , because I think you may now be the expert on these bikes electrical sytems and may well be able to help others. often it's an electrical question that is asked.

Keep us posted :beer:
Allons-y, amis de Matchless et AJS
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

dagodave wrote: an unused red multiplug coming from the generator housing 6 pin but with nothing to match it
Engineer's diagnostics connection? (Or is that wishful thinking?)
Not shown in the Haynes wiring diagram then?

..........and Welcome.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Dano888

Post by Dano888 »

the un used connector is for a gear indicator.
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Good for you.

I've found the camera in the phone invaluable for recording the "start" position and returning to it if all goes wrong.

Johnny B
dagodave

Post by dagodave »

Many thanks Yes you are right keep notes n pictures an start with one circuit at a time .I had not thought of gear indicator, wonder which one is for neutral oh well out with the meter again The other thing i did record was when i found a circuit i used a copy of the wiring diagram only added the colour of the wire using a sharp coloured pencil you would be surprised how easy it was to then prove the wiring and just how many variations there were to the book .Not so much awiring diagram more a rough very rough! guide. Cheers