Hi from a newbie

This area is for discussion/information on the "modern" AJS motorcycles manufactured in China from 2006 onwards.
Dano888

Hi from a newbie

Post by Dano888 »

Hi from a newbie modern AJS owner, i am the proud owner of a Regal Raptor DD125E mark 3, only had it a few months dont plan on modding it much just doing a few bits to make it my own, well thats my bike hope to chat soon ML&R ride safe :beer:

saltbox alf
Deceased

Re: Hi from a newbie

Post by saltbox alf »

Hello and welcome, bike looks good.
All comments and your experiences will help build up a knowledge base in this section of the forum.

Very slowly we are getting info re the odd faults and hiccups that affect the modern Ajay, not that I hope you get any problems but if you do we will try to help.
Enjoy your raptor and happy miles.
Allons-y, amis de Matchless et AJS
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Hi Dano,
Hope you join our club, its people like you we need to see the club well into the 21st century.
Let it be remembered, this club was started back in 1952. The founder members young, riding new or almost new bikes. It seems clear back in those days, very few old AJS & Matchless were ridien or owned by the clubs members. 50 years later we see more prewar machines ridden by members, than there were 50 years ago. The 2nd generation of bikers did not have the interest in our club. During the 1970's the club almost failed. It would had failed if a few hardcore members had not put in their own money to keep the club going. The new AJS riders are very welcome in our club. Perhaps also take an interest in the old bikes, many of which, will need someone to care for them in the not too distant future.
ksj_LAPSED

Post by ksj_LAPSED »

welcome , I like black & silver bikes do you think it would pull a sidecar ?? .Keith
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

I've never really looked at these before but quite smart.

Didn't there used to be sidecars for scooters? I'd have thought a modern 125 would pull one.

Johnny B
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Watsonian Bambini is the sidecar you maybe referring to. Small, fibreglass and specially made for scooters etc.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

2.jpg
1.jpg
The Bambini sidecar was built in a style matching that of a scooter.
Smaller sidecars were also made for bicycles, Cyclemotors & Autocycles.
Come even folded up so you could get through a single gate and through the house ( if you lived in a terrace house )
then in the bike shed. Note the colour photo bike has a cycle motor fitted behind the saddle. It appears to be a Trojan mini motor, which were about 25c.c.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rex.webb

Post by rex.webb »

RRRRRRRRRRRRr
That`s a Cycle sidecar .
The Bamby for scooters was a Moulded design .
Picture to follow ?
If i can find one .
r w webb
rex.webb

Post by rex.webb »

Bambinie Sidecar.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
r w webb
Janet

Post by Janet »

All this talk of sidecars will be confusing the poor lad. He only mentioned he'd got a nice new bike and you're adding things to it.