NAC 125

This area is for discussion/information on the "modern" AJS motorcycles manufactured in China from 2006 onwards.
marky sparky

NAC 125

Post by marky sparky »

just wondering if any can help Im trying to get hold of a wiring diagram for a ajs NAC 125 . I rang AJS direct as they were trying to sell me a owners handbook but I only want it for the wiring diagram . hopefully someone on here can help

cheers
Rob Harknett

Re: NAC 125

Post by Rob Harknett »

Buy the manual, unless you already know everything else about your bike.
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Marky.
There are only two or three out of 2 or 3 thousand members of this club site who have a Chinese AJS. It is primarily a site for the classic (pre-1960 'ish) bikes and comprises 'mature' as in over 50 yrs, old folk who have the skills to fix their own old bikes but who know nothing of your model.
From previous posts it appears that most Chinese AJS are bought by relatively impecunious 'youngsters' as their first motorised transport and who have little or no engineering knowledge, practical skills or experience (fact; no offence intended) and who will therefore be unable to advise you, making the manual essential and cost-effective.
Do you have a specific electrical problem for which we may be able to give you a generic answer?
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
robcurrie

Post by robcurrie »

Neville,

I was 11 when I tackled my first restoration of a moped scrounged from the back garden of a nearby neighbour. It had been standing for years exposed to the elements. I had no assistance except for the occasional lift into town from my mom to buy spares from Ace Motors and the use of my dad's tools. I graduated through quite a lot of rebuilds and repairs to different bikes until I left school and bought my first AJS, a model 18, with my first few paychecks.

When I was 20 I replaced the points ignition on my Kaw..750 with a homebuilt capacitor discharge system. I had the owners handbook with a wiring diagram on the back page.

The first manual I bought was for the Kaw...1300 I owned when I was 24 and that was to set up cam and ignition timing which is quite tricky on those six pot engines.

Rob C
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Quite so, Rob. Many of us grew up the same, either through lack of funds or through having a natural inquisitiveness, but there doesn't seem to be the same opportunity or motivation for youngsters these days. Besides which few modern vehicles can be fixed by our youthful 'trial and error' fumblings.
Even though I served a 5 year apprenticeship with a R/R, Bentley and Jaguar main agent and latterly restored and repaired several MGB's and bikes I can only confidently do oil and filter changes, replace bulbs, wiper blades etc. on my modern, computerised car. Both my sons have been commuting daily for about 10 months each year on Kawasakis for 5+ years but nothing, nothing, has ever gone wrong with them - if it did I wouldn't know where to start.

Three years ago I was all set up (at my own expense) to start drop-in m/bike and scooter mechanical/serviceing sessions for youngsters in my area but was thwarted by bureaucracy.
This is bones of the post which I made in March 2010:

I started to pursue my idea posted on here some weeks ago of setting up completely free 'workshops' so that undeployed yoofs, not in edification could come and tinker with bikes (or their own scooters) and perhaps learn a bit about spanners and mechanical things. It would give me some pleasure and maybe encourage youngsters into our dwindling numbers.
Maplin agreed to donate 10 soldering irons and 10 multimeters, my local MOT guy agreed to talk them through a bike MOT when he was doing one at his garage, and the guy who owns the 30' x 10' serviced but currently unoccupied flint barn opposite my house agreed to let me use it a couple of evenings a week or at weekends without charge.
I approached the local Gov't Learning and Skills Council for their support - publicity, contact with potential youngsters etc. No funding required.
Simples? So once I have had a CRB check (�50 I think) at my cost, obtained 10 sets of safety goggles, gloves, a fire inspection, plus at least two fire extinguishers and an electrical installation certificate, carried out a Risk Assessment, arranged a qualified First Aider, Public Liability insurance, and verified that there is no asbestos in the building.......Do I need to go on? I'm just going to ride my bike instead.

The whole 4 page thread is here - http://www.ajs-matchless.com/forum/view ... CRB#p59944
Hopefully you'll be able to help Marky if he comes back with a specific question
Last edited by SPRIDDLER on Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
marky sparky

Post by marky sparky »

no worries guys I sorted it , earth connections were virtually none existent on the bike had to chop and put new connectors in .
saltbox alf
Deceased

Post by saltbox alf »

Well done Marky, most often it's an earth problem. Next time if you can be specific about the problem we can more than likely help, eg, the headlight is dim. A couple of members have these new bikes and we are all slowly learning, however a lot of problems can be related to our old thumpers , things don't change that much ,apart from integrated circuits in a box, we think outside the box :rofl:
Allons-y, amis de Matchless et AJS
robcurrie

Post by robcurrie »

...mostly outside the box and inside the carb :lol: