Just a question about AJS

This area is for discussion/information on the "modern" AJS motorcycles manufactured in China from 2006 onwards.
SliQz

Just a question about AJS

Post by SliQz »

Hello everybody!

I am currently working on getting my a1 license. Since I have almost achieved that goal, its time to find a bike to drive around on:)

I live in the Netherlands, and looking for a 125cc chopper..
There is close to 0 second hand or new choppers with a 125cc engine to be found around here..

So i'm wondering, if they have EVER done any exports to foreign countries?
If not: Is the AJS Daytona 125 worth the effort to come all the way from overseas to get the bike over here? I'd really like to get a AJS..

Thanks in advance,,
Bryan
SPRIDDLER

Re: Just a question about AJS

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Welcome Bryan.
The decision regarding making the effort is yours, depending upon how much you want a Daytona. ;)
When back home I assume you'll need to have it serviced, repaired, and buy spare parts. In this respect you may find a local Honda dealer useful as I believe the mechanicals, i.e. engine and g/box are direct Honda copies. I suggest you email the AJS company in U.K. to confirm that this is so.
I assume it will be registered in U.K. and that within 6 months (?) you will be obliged to register it in Holland.
I would not like to comment on the reliabilty aspect as I believe the early Chinese AJS bikes had a variable reputation. Some say the later ones (from 2012?) are much better.
Sorry I can't help more but neither myself nor many others on this site have owned a Chinese AJS.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
SliQz

Post by SliQz »

Well, i havent really driven anything else then my learner bike(Honda CBF125).. But thats just, not the bike for me..
The daytona just looks awesome! Overall i do not have any driving experiences with it, and there is no quick way for me to get that..

Well i have indeed read that the brands quality varies from bike to bike..

I guess that when its time for me to go get a bike, i'll just have to contact AJS to supply me with some information and pray for the best.

Anyone with experiences with AJS bikes built in/after 2012?
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Have you read through the 'Modern AJS' posts on this site?
Why not email this guy who posted that he had bought a Daytona in Sep 2012 and ask him how he finds it?
http://www.ajs-matchless.com/forum/memb ... e&u=106682
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
SliQz

Post by SliQz »

Have no rights to vieuw his profile for some reason
Samuel

Post by Samuel »

SliQz wrote:Have no rights to vieuw his profile for some reason
reason is probably that you are not a paid up member