New ajs raptor everything wrong

This area is for discussion/information on the "modern" AJS motorcycles manufactured in China from 2006 onwards.
SPRIDDLER

Re: New ajs raptor everything wrong

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Good luck. I guess as it's still under warranty it wouldn't be advisable to do any work other than basic maintenance yourself.
Dhayes wrote:and other for my partner heres is a generic worx and has had no faults with it so far
Out of interest, what is the 'generic worx' ? Another Raptor??
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Dhayes

Post by Dhayes »

No the generic worx is from Austria nice liitle bike its like a keeway
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

I might as well add my tupence, seeing as I have an Eco 125! The Regal Raptor [what a name!] has a poor reputation-it is a 125 4-stroke twin cylinder water-cooled machine. I'm not sure from where the engine design has come. I spoke to a mechanic who services these bikes and he said the Eco 125 is a far better machine, as I have said before, it has the same engine as the Yamaha YBR 125. You can buy them for around £1500.-the Yam. and the Honda are about twice the price! I shall be bringing mine to France next month before carrying on to Austria, Hungry and Rumania [along with the "beloved" and my campervan!]. If you look on the net there are loads of Chinese bikes around, some of them are just awful, but the Chinese make more small bikes than even the Japanese, I read somewhere about 20 million last year! They can't all be bad, can they?We have only one real manufacturer-Triumph, their bikes are good, but it appears no one in Europe can make a small bike and make a profit! You pays your money and take a choice\gamble!
Alan [Morini] Jennings
Dhayes

Post by Dhayes »

Yeah am hoping to get my bike back soon, they now tell me its going to be next week some time then its nearly 3weeks they had it. Ive done some digging and they have 28days to fix any1 problem but in mean time i will be seaking more advice as this just isnt on for a 62 plate.
Janet

Post by Janet »

Perhaps a discussion with Citizen's Advice Bureau and Trading Standards would be a good idea. As has been said, your bike appears to not be fit for purpose so you should get your money back if you want. The shop may claim you have accepted it with their repairs but CBA and TS should be able to advise on that. TS may be interested because there could be others sold in the same condition.
I hope they can sort it for you and you enjoy riding it.
Dhayes

Post by Dhayes »

Yeah i will be going to see some one as this isnt on, ive been informed that they have 28 to fix any1 problem can anyone verify this or is just old wives tale?.
Dhayes

Post by Dhayes »

well guess what am back again people this time even more problems...... Yet again the handle bars are coming loose yet again and this is the 4th time ive had the cones replaced and then the right exhaust mufflers all came loose init now the bike has just given upon power i can ride it from cold for about 5miles max then it cuts out and i have to leave it for about an hour to cool down as there is no power and its only just turning over, some times i have to pour like 2-4 litres of water over it, spoke to place i bought it from they told me its the filter but ive had this looked at and the filter looks brand new, but there is a strong smell of fuel in and outside of it so i explained this to the bike place then they said its the exhaust but thats brand new, i also changed the spark plugs to my surprise to see that they were the wrong ones as stated in the manual or equivlent and the right side one was alot blacker than the other. 1 bike shop was telling me that it could be the tappits and should take round 30mins and cost bout £30 and should be checked adjusted at the regular service intervals, but when i mentioned this to the place i bought it from they told me no the tappits get done at the pdi and then at 18000 so i was confused. So i spoke to ajs and they informed me that yeah they should be done at the regular services so now i have looked into trading standards and they say that i do have a cause and may help in a small claim courts as its costing me as having to take time off to take bike in and then the times its costing to get the bike recovered twice now thats happened then theres the cost of taking it to other places to get inspected as not happy with what i was been told by the bike shop i bought it from. what do you people think????????

IF NEEDED TO GIVE YOU BETTER UNDERSTANDING I WILL UPLOAD PICTURES OF THE THINGS STATED ????
saltbox alf
Deceased

Post by saltbox alf »

I understand your greif and I think it is pi%s poor backup by the dealer. If trading standards think there is a good case, I sugest you write to the dealer stating you will go to court with the back up and support from TS , if, One, they do not return your money.
Two Supply a bike fit for purpose. or
Three, fix the damn thing properly.
Personally I would miss off the last one as they seem incompetant ( personal view from your description)
Allons-y, amis de Matchless et AJS