Ajs Regal raptor head light problum

This area is for discussion/information on the "modern" AJS motorcycles manufactured in China from 2006 onwards.
markm1

Ajs Regal raptor head light problum

Post by markm1 »

hi all
just been out for a drive today and coming home put the headlight was on main beam then switched to dipp beam and the headlight automaticaly went back on to main beam and no head light had came on
now when you press the switch to go to dipped beam it just flickers and stays blue with no headlight

dont know whats wong
its an ajs regal raptor dd125e 2006
TommoT

Re: Ajs Regal raptor head light problum

Post by TommoT »

I am not familiar with the Regal Raptor, but from your description it sounds like a problem with the switch. Can you talk to the dealer/garage who sold you the bike? A switch may not be that expensive. You could also try changing the bulbs, but from your description they appear to work.
TommoT

Ride Your Motorcycle As If Your Life Depended On It - Cos' It Does!
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Hi Mark
All of your posts as 'markm' and as 'markm1' have related to leccy problems - headlight, brake light and indicators. Most recently you found a disconnected wire at the switch and at the regulator from which I would guess you have the same again, i.e. a corroded, loose or disconnected wire or faulty switch.
There's not much help that can be given online I'm afraid; you'll just have to trace the circuits to locate the fault.
In view of the continuous wet weather and the fact that the switches are exposed to the elements rain may have got into them causing corrosion.
I seem to remember you said that your dealer is 100 miles away (in Scotland somewhere?) which doesn't help. :(
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
markm1

Post by markm1 »

hi there thanks for your help have fixed the headlight something was wong with the bulb put a new one in and it seems to work
Dhayes

Post by Dhayes »

IVE GOT SAME PROBLEM WITH MY REGAL RAPTOR 125 I AM NOW ON MY 6TH LIGHT BULD AND ITS ALWAYS THE FULL BEAM THAT GOES OUT ON MINE I CAN STILL RIDE AS THE OTHER LIGHT IS WORKING BUT NOT THE MAIN BEAM IVE HAD NO LUCK IN FINDING OUT A SOLUTION.
saltbox alf
Deceased

Post by saltbox alf »

If it was possible to see a wiring diagram make life easyer, I wonder if the main lights are powered direct from the altenator/genny and it's over powering and blowing the bulb?
Allons-y, amis de Matchless et AJS