Ajs Regal raptor

This area is for discussion/information on the "modern" AJS motorcycles manufactured in China from 2006 onwards.
markm

Ajs Regal raptor

Post by markm »

hi all was out for a ride today and noticed that I had lost my brake light number plat lights, the turn signals worked but didn't flash as they should then when I was coming home they stoped working completely no idea why any help
AJS Regal Raptor 125 DD E 2006
SPRIDDLER

Re: Ajs Regal raptor

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Was the headlight working o.k?
You need to make same basic checks before investigating further:

First, check the battery voltage with a digital meter with the engine stopped and everything turned off. Hopefully it will show between 11 to 13v. No need to disconnect the battery, just put the meter probes on the battery terminals.

Next, make the same check with engine running at faster than tickover but not revving its nuts off. It should read more (perhaps 14v) than the previous (engine stopped) reading. Don't disconnect the battery, just put the meter probes on the battery terminals.

The voltages mentioned above are just examples of what you may find. The important isssue is that the reading with the engine running should be greater than when the engine is stopped. A digital meter is necessary as an analogue one isn't sufficiently accurate.

These bikes have poor electrical connectors (as you've previously discovered) but the basic checks above will be the starting point as you may just have a dud battery or alternator or the charging or lighting circuit is faulty.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
markm

Re: Ajs Regal raptor

Post by markm »

I have checked the battery voltage and seem to be getting all the correct voltages but the rear cover that covers all the wires is missing and is all wet could that have something to do with it
AJS Regal Raptor 125 DD E 2006