Regal Raptor Gear Lever

This area is for discussion/information on the "modern" AJS motorcycles manufactured in China from 2006 onwards.
Tonybill

Regal Raptor Gear Lever

Post by Tonybill »

Hi all

I just tried to change up to second gear and the gear lever went to a 90 degree angle. Nothing seems broken or snapped and it popped back into position. Prior to this it was difficult to change gear. Has anyone had similar problems? Additionally is there a owners manual out there?

Cheers
SPRIDDLER

Regal Raptor Gear Lever

Post by SPRIDDLER »

'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Tonybill

Regal Raptor Gear Lever

Post by Tonybill »

Cheers chief!
NoodleHead

Regal Raptor Gear Lever

Post by NoodleHead »

Hi Tonybill. What model is your bike? On my Eos the front gear change linkage fits on a square spindle and is secured by a grub screw.This small screw regulary loosens up and needs tightening.

AJS Regal Raptor DD125E-5 Eos
Tonybill

Regal Raptor Gear Lever

Post by Tonybill »

Hey noodlehead

Its a 2011 DD 125 E 08. The lever is attached to the gearbox by a rod that runs back about 8 inches long that is also used to adjust the hight of the lever itself.

Do you have difficulty finding a mechanic that will take it on, people seems a bit reluctant.

Cheers

Tonybill
NoodleHead

Regal Raptor Gear Lever

Post by NoodleHead »

Looks like the E-8 model has different pedal connection fitting to mine. I can only point you in the direction of AJS for advice. They are very helpful.
So far I have been lucky enough to be able to do any maintainance and DIY repairs myself. Useful and good info for regal raptor bikes can be found on forum of alturnativecruisers.com

AJS Regal Raptor DD125E-5 Eos
NoodleHead

Regal Raptor Gear Lever

Post by NoodleHead »

Ref to mechanic. Motorbike shops all have different attitudes to bikes and type of repair they take on. There's prejucied hostility to chinese machines from some of them. Thats why i have attempted to build up my own knowledge,skills and toolkit. Good luck if you can find a local customer friendly shop.
MikeM.

Regal Raptor Gear Lever

Post by MikeM. »

I have a 25 year old Honda and am finding it difficult to find someone who would be interested in sorting out my starting and other problems, it seems it's too old for the modern mechanic and too complicated for me. Maybe I should just scrap it, a shame really as it's a nice looking bike.
Tonybill

Regal Raptor Gear Lever

Post by Tonybill »

Cheers guys. I've only had it 2 weeks and its my first bike. It's a bit daunting to attack it myself but i'm totally prepared to learn, all part of being a biker right??? Anyway, it seems there are enough forums out there for advise so i'll crack on with it.

Thanks again and good luck to all of us!!!!!!
bigwol

Regal Raptor Gear Lever

Post by bigwol »

Try to get to some local bike meets/haunts Tony, you may find a friendly soul who is willing to help you out and pass on some know how.
It's all just riding motorbikes