How to post photos in the forum

This area contains links to posts within the forum area on various topics. It's designed to help you find the answers to the most common questions about AJS and Matchless machines.
Only club members can create entries witin this area.
wilko

Post by wilko »

What if i used direct link instead?
en7jos

Post by en7jos »

Not sure why the tags would be capitalised, I guess some quirk of whatever computer, operating system and web browser combination you're using perhaps? What are you using?

I used to have exactly the same problem with the code showing up around a link, rather than the picture appearing, but then it just started working for me one day. I assumed it was something updated with the forum program as nothing changed (that I know to) on my laptop. I don't know whether my problem was because of the code capitalisation, it never occurred to me to check. All I remember is that at the time, all the people for whom the picture posting worked seemed to be using Apple Mac's.

Not quite sure what you mean by 'direct link' I'm afraid. I find it's just as easy to type the tags and cut and paste the picture link, rather than use the button as it gives you more control as to where the picture goes (the button seems to insert the code at the end of the message rather than where the cursor is sitting). Same goes for formatting text in bold [ b], underlined [ u ] and italic [ i ].
----------------------------------------------------------------------
My Matchless G3LS website is here - http://www.matchlessclueless.com
DWS

Post by DWS »

By Direct Link I think he means this in Photobucket:

When you Hover over the photo you want to post you get four options, I use the Direct Link code. By clicking on the option it automatically copies the link ready to paste.Edited by - DWS on 09 Sep 2011 09:23:00 AM
AFS Matchless Motorcycle Register
en7jos

Post by en7jos »

For example, the code for inserting the photo into the thread should look something like the following:

Note the tags (the bits in square brackets) need to be exactly as above for it to work - no capital letters, square brackets, no spaces and don't forget the trailing slash "/" (which means 'end') in the last tag.
My Matchless G3LS website is here - http://www.matchlessclueless.com
SPRIDDLER

Re: How to post photos in the forum

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Here's an illustrated guide on how to do it from one of my earlier Forum posts.......

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=27956&p=237049&hil ... os#p237049
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'