Lightweight gearbox sleeve gear bearing

This area contains links to posts within the forum area on various topics. It's designed to help you find the answers to the most common questions about AJS and Matchless machines.
Only club members can create entries witin this area.
nvmat1

Lightweight gearbox sleeve gear bearing

Post by nvmat1 »

Hi. I recall some months ago there was a discussion on the forum about part number 041266 - gearbox sleeve gear bearing and the fact that it was difficult to find a locate a new replacement and that the ones held by the Club Spares Scheme did not fit. What is the current situation with this and has a correct replacement been located? Thanks.
Ozmadman

Re: Lightweight gearbox sleeve gear bearing

Post by Ozmadman »

nvmat1 wrote:Hi. I recall some months ago there was a discussion on the forum about part number 041266 - gearbox sleeve gear bearing and the fact that it was difficult to find a locate a new replacement and that the ones held by the Club Spares Scheme did not fit. What is the current situation with this and has a correct replacement been located? Thanks.
I think the one from club spares is the correct one as long as it is as in the description on their page

(041266)
NU205 M.FAFNIR.MAINSHAFT ROLLER BEARING
EACH £68.76

Just go into the online AMOC Spares page and search on the part number and the picture will show, that picture is the correct original type bearing

You can also get the correct one under the same part number from AMC Classic spares.

I think you may be referring to all my previous comments but that was due to the incorrect size of layshaft bush and not the main bearing. Have a look at this thread which shows both the layshaft issue and the correct main bearing which I ended getting from simply bearings

http://www.jampot.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... in+bearing
Paul
Paul
1960 Model 8
1974 Yamaha RD250B US Model 6 speed