A mucky swing-arm job

Information relating to the Matchless G9 or AJS Model 20 500cc twin
Groily

A mucky swing-arm job

Post by Groily »

Not quite the planned weekend . . . completely seized swinging arm (after a mere 40 years since Happy Hamrax replaced the bushes and pin for me back in the day) . . .
Yuk, what a filthy job on an everyday dirty bike! Plenty of grease 'n oil was still in there in there, and no real damage - but seized solid all the same.
Took the square root of nothing at all off one bushes with a reamer and cleaned the pin lightly, and she's smooth as you like and no wiggle . . . Just got to stick all the rest of the jigsaw back together later on today , and she'll be good to go again. A lot of dirty work for norralot!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dave16mct

Re: A mucky swing-arm job

Post by dave16mct »

I hope that bear in the background is friendly!
Dave.
Groily

Re: A mucky swing-arm job

Post by Groily »

Very friendly cocker-bear Dave, yes. Just tends to pee on things includoing my shoes sometimes while you're not watching! Hasn't quite worked out in 5 years that Shed does NOT = Outside!
Jumped out of his woolly skin almost when the pin finally budged at 8 tonnes plus on the press, with a crack to waken the dead. (So did I!)