where are the harris owners

Information related to the Harris Matchless (also known as Devon Matchless)
mad99mike

where are the harris owners

Post by mad99mike »

hi just out of interest i wonder where abouts in the country are the harris owners just which town and county may even be country as several are known to have gone overseas if ur interested then please reply i have one for sale and one to keep here in the west country at ilminster in somerset may even arrange ameet if there is enough interest as these models are capable of speeds to suit modern day traffic conditions over a reasonable distance, i covered 600 miles on the vmcc twin dragon run to north wales over 4 days
robcurrie

Re: where are the harris owners

Post by robcurrie »

Phew, I ran out of breath, how did that start again?
ushbert

Post by ushbert »

If you want to make contact with someone local to you, I think you'll find that there at least one Harris machine owner in most club sections, indeed the famous Fenrunners include several active riders.
Baldybiker

Post by Baldybiker »

Hi Mad Mike and everyone else come to that.

As I write, I have just put a deposit on a Devon Matchless. I am expecting to take collection on Tuesday and am in Hertfordshire.

Regards.
Baldybiker

Post by Baldybiker »

Hi,
I am new to club and live in Hertfordshire. At the time of writing I am awaiting a very low mileage Harris Matchless. I know a little of your part of the world Mike as my Mum used to live in Chard and I have motorcycling aquatances in the Federation of sidecar clubs out west. I go down that way once or twice a year.
My last post didn't seem to turn up. Hoping I have better luck with this one as I need some info on servicing and spares availability.
Cheers
Stephen
half ton

Post by half ton »

Hi,
I'm a new member from Suffolk. I have owned my Harris Matchless for about 3 yrs, In that time it has sat in my shed under a cover but this year I decided to get it out and spruce it up a bit,The bike has only done 6000 miles but had sat for a good few years before I acquired it so I pulled the motor and took it to Sportax for a freshen up and started the clean up of the rest of the bike.I am hoping to have it on the road by spring and if I like it enough I will probably sell my Hinkley Bonneville and spend some more on the Harris.

ps. It's very quiet in the Harris section innit. :D
clive

Post by clive »

" i have one for sale"

Just a polite warning. We do not allow advertisements on our open forum. For fully paid up members we do have a section of the forum which allows advertisements, and for guest members it is possible to place an advert on the website and in the magazine for a mere £5.

The Advert Police
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
half ton

Post by half ton »

clive wrote:" i have one for sale"

Just a polite warning. We do not allow advertisements on our open forum. For fully paid up members we do have a section of the forum which allows advertisements, and for guest members it is possible to place an advert on the website and in the magazine for a mere £5.

The Advert Police
Hi clive ,Was the polite warning for me as I am not selling anything,and nobody has posted on this thread in a while..apologies if I have done something wrong
clive

Post by clive »

Sorry Stephen, your post brought this thread back up and I am afraid I missed the fact that the advertising post was placed in 2013, before I even got to be PC Plod on the website! :oops:

No problem with your post. There are a few Harris Matchless in the club.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
markrussell323

Post by markrussell323 »

Haslemere in Surrey.
Mine has been off the road for a few years but I'm working on getting it running again. Had a problem finding a rear hub and brake until I came across one on eBay - the owner had switched the Rotax engine for a GS500 and of course the chain and sprocket is on the other side, so my good fortune that he didn't just do an electric start conversion, opting instead for the Suzuki motor.