Kent Section Welcomes You

RogerNorman

Kent Section Welcomes You

Post by RogerNorman »

If you have an interest in AMC's whether a Concours machine, bog standard basic runner or just a passing interest in the marque and live in the North Kent area why not come along and join us at the Fighting Cocks at Horton Kirby near Brands Hatch.
You don't have to own an AJS or Matchless indeed my now only other surviving co-founder of the Section in its current format back in 1978 has never been seen at a Section event on a machine of the marque but he is nonetheless very much 'part of the furniture' and as welcome as the next man with maybe half a dozen immaculate AMC's.
I have been there from the start (does that make me boring?) - hope not but there has always been a common thread running through the Section - to make everyone welcome and to share a common interest in AJS & Matchless machines.
We meet on the First & Third Monday of the month (unless its a Bank Holiday in which case we move to the immediate following Tuesday). Meetings start at 8.15pm and are ordinarily held in The Pub's Dining Room which we have to ourselves for the night.
As a Section we run at least one organised event per month on a Sunday, a further, once a month run on a Wednesday (for those who are either retired or have the day off) together with many ad-hoc runs when the mood takes, with members simply ringing around and organising an inpromtu run out, simply to give the bikes an airing.
Once a month the Ladies of the Section get together and hold their own meeting in parallel with our own. A strong social bond has grown through the years with a good number of the ladies organising an annual holiday for themselves. This gives us (the husbands/partners) the excuse to do the same with a week long riding break somewhere, often Overseas for a coinciding holiday.
Perhaps somewhat uniquely for a Motorcycle Club, we also hold a walk every month on the last Tuesday of the month.
We regularly meet up with our neighbouring Sections either for combined runs or sporting challenges with Boules matches held at the Fighting Cocks through the Summer when the weather allows. We aren't that good but it gives a good excuse to get together and have a good chinwag about all things in life but mostly bikes
The theme with all our events is to get out and enjoy ourselves.
The programme of events is available as alink on the site but the key events of the next 3 months will be posted on here each month as a reminder including updates/changes.
Alternatively if you prefer to talk to someone to check an event call me, Roger Norman (Section Chairman - Tel 01732 761773) and I will try to help.Edited by - RogerNorman on 24 Apr 2006 11:07:10 PMEdited by - RogerNorman on 24 Apr 2006 11:11:10 PMEdited by - RogerNorman on 10 Jul 2006 11:03:42 PM
jacobwilliam-1

Re: Kent Section Welcomes You

Post by jacobwilliam-1 »

Bill Hutson Chairman north Kent branch
Rodger we all hope to see you soon on your return to the hot part of the country we are meeting at the castle hotel in eynesford on the first and third monday in the month 8 oc pm many thanks for all your hard work in past years for the north Kent section from all of us members
jacobwilliam-1

Re: Kent Section Welcomes You

Post by jacobwilliam-1 »

sorry about the d in name Roger