Welcome to the best section for miles!

lawrence

Welcome to the best section for miles!

Post by lawrence »

You know, when I were a lad I had an excellent big brother. A mechanical genius he were. If my bike broke, he could fix it, didn’t matter what were wrong wi’it. Then he got married and left home and me Da were always down t’pub drinking Guinness for his health or buying Hovis and me Ma were hopeless as a bike mechanic. It were a right tough time for me until I discovered Heart of England. Them is like having twenty big brothers who all know about bikes and are keen to help in any way. And they don’t say to me “That Lambretta hasn’t broken down again has it”? like me big brother used to. They say “That AJS hasn’t broken down again has it”? I thoroughly commend them to you.

A big hearty welcome to you from Heart of England country. We meet at The White Horse in Husborne Crawley (near Milton Keynes) on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays in the month, usually from about 8.00pm. It’s a cosy little pub in beautiful countryside, just two miles away you can bump into herds of deer roaming in Woburn Abbey (we usually try to avoid bumping into them). We are a friendly bunch and very informal. There is never a dull moment as through the year we have a full calendar of events. Recent amusements have been a board game evening, a quiz of the marque and a run to Mallory Park for classic motorcycle racing. If you run a bike of any make or type you will find a wealth of knowledge amongst our ranks to help with those inevitable British bike problems. We cater for every type of bike from rusty wrecks (mine) to top concours. If you don’t have a bike, that’s no problem, an enthusiasm for AMC is all that is needed.
Contact details in Jampot magazine. Our own website is here:

HoE website

If you have any queries just send me an email on lawrence'dot'howes'at'virgin'dot'net and I will get back to you.

Look forward to seeing you soon.

Here is a link to a location map for the White Horse.

Click here for Multimap Link

Edited by - lawrence on 06 Sep 2009 10:12:40 PM