2007 The Rest or We are now in need of one!

2007 The Rest or We are now in need of one!

Post by 196016 »

February.Can't remember much of February, must have had a pub lunch and a club night.
March. tried out a route for the Jampot , the BOF'S said it was too far and didn't like the pub chosen, so if you went on the saturday run you will have only seen the first half of this run.
April. Finchingfield as usual ,good run and plenty of bikes in the car park.
Maurice's treasure hunt - won by Alvar but then he did have Jean siting in the sidecar - next years treasure hunt will be between the Dog & Duck and Blaxhall ship.
The evening run went to The Moon & Mushroom at Swilland - Morris Dancers out in force.
May. The BOF'S had a go at a Jampot run.
British bike meet at Melton - IT RAINED!
Meanwhile in Germany ,Maurice and Dave Had a good time with old friends.
June.
More Jampot test runs.
Rain and flu.
July.Another Jampot test run - good lunch in Felixstowe and proof that if everyone tries ,the dropoff system does work, but you do need a last man on a BSA!!!!!
The first Manningtree Station Buffet North Essex/ East Suffolk meet- a good night.
The "Go West Young Man Run" - that I thought had been cancelled - so we went via Stowmarket to Bury St. Eds for the first time. Got lost round the one way system but found the pub(what a suprise) and had a good lunch.
August - THE JAMPOT. After all the angst it all came together very well. thanks to those who helped by marshaling , a favour we will have to return next year. A real team effort , people where looking for something to do it went so well.
The charity bit - from the bucket at the Jampot and additional from the section we presented £150 to The Sue Ryder Home , I think we had 10 bikes turn up , that being a mid week event as well. The Home very kindly put on a BBQ and we added a bit more to the collection.
The evening run was supposed to go the The Crowfield Rose . However , and don't tell everyone , but I got lost and we ended up at the Witnesham Barley Mow.
"The Go Southish Young Man Run" - I had always intended to go to the Tendring Peninsular and we did . It was the first time most of us had been to "The Naze" a tower on the cliff - this is where we had "Alberts Coffee Stop" somewhere i haveto find on all runs now!
After trying to find somewhere to park and the tale of Jack's bike lock and bag,we ended up in Frinton about half a mile from John & Ann Smith's new home .lunch in another Red Lion!
September - due to Founders day change of date from July , the run was cancelled. Most went to Stanford Hall .Andy and I got ready for the Alternative.
Glowworm supper - a good turn out .
October - Some went to Copdock, some went to Sussex.
The section had the usual stand at The Copdock Bike Show , photos on our website.
Andy followed me to Sussex , our first experience of riding a bike over the QE2 bridge. An excellent weekend if a bit cold Saturday night.
Thursday 24th - visit to Clifford Road School air raid shelter. for those not aware , Richard Cove our secretary retires as Headmaster at Christmas from Clifford Road School. He is the reason the museum exists , if you ever get to meet him ask him to tell you the story , or if you get a chance visit the museum.
An excellent evening and a nice pint after.
And up to date.
Evening meeting - A questionaire regarding next years run programme was issued , hopefully members will give sensible answers. We had a temporary home at the Woodbridge Cherry Tree due to Problems at the Horse & Groom.
Tonight - 26th November ,Committee meeting - who will stand at the AGM in January?

Dave.