Another Stormer

Information on the Stormer 2-stroke machines
stormalong

Another Stormer

Post by stormalong »

My name is Mick and I would like to introduce myself to the group. My main interest is in Stormers and I am very pleased to find this group. I have already learn t lots of useful information by reading all the posts in the 2 stroke section. Thanks to all contributers.

I have recently bought a pile of bits off ebay.

Not quite a complete bike but a good starting point. My intention is to rebuild the bike as an enduro and put it on the road. I used to own a FBAJS enduro back in 1987 and unfortunately had to sell it in 1989 to cover a debt. I have always regreted doing this and my intention is to recreate that bike only better. My original one had all the good bits fitted to it. Alloy tank, Motoplat ignition, 34mm Amal mk2, lights and speedo.

One question I would like to ask any owners who use their bikes on the road is what sprocket to use as in how many teeth? When I had my first Stormer back in the 80s it had a top speed of about 60mph and that was screaming it. As such not very pleasent to ride a long distance.

Mick
Cjay59_LAPSED

Re: Another Stormer

Post by Cjay59_LAPSED »

Hi Mick,

welcome to the forum,

42T - 70 mph +

Cliff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Cjay59_LAPSED on Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stormalong

Re: Another Stormer

Post by stormalong »

Cliff

Thanks for your reply. A 42 sprocket it will be.
Your bike looks absolutely fantastic, in fact the story of your rebuild inspired me to get another Stormer.

Mick