Hello to all

Information on the Stormer 2-stroke machines
mickwells63

Hello to all

Post by mickwells63 »

Hi All, been lurking around here for 2 week or so. Just thought to introduce myself, as I do have some questions here and there. I have bought an AJS 250 stormer enduro 1973 vintage. As I Lusted after the fB Trail enduro bike after seeing an advert in 1979/80 period for this style of bike. I left school in 1979 and promptly bought an nvt BSA brigand moped. I always tried to buy British as my father introduced me to British bikes when I was very young. Used to ride around on a bantam at 15. rebuilt by me and dad. Since then I can say I have owned approximatly 30 bikes to date. I recently sold a ducati monster to buy this stormer. My idea now is to green lane a little cut irt up to traffic light sprint etc. I do not feel like riding on the road for many miles anymore. "Getting old" ? Still I managed to skin my leg starting the ajay. Ha ha. I had forgotten to wear boots, not the trainers I had on. Schoolboy error, suffer fools gladly and all that. I see there is little info on the stormers apart from the great postings by CJ and cliff. There does not even seem to be much spares around as there used to be.. I can see my 250 is not original in many ways but acceptable to me for now, as there is many ways to dress up these stormers! Thanks
Cjay59_LAPSED

Re: Hello to all

Post by Cjay59_LAPSED »

History of the AJS Stormer - Lots of information on the AJS Stormer and its development to be found here,

https://ajsstormer.wordpress.com
Last edited by Cjay59_LAPSED on Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
mickwells63

Post by mickwells63 »

Thanks Cliff, I reckon I do have a converted scrambler. I will try post pics up on next post. Cheers
DWS

Post by DWS »

Hi Mick

Welcome to the Forum
AFS Matchless Motorcycle Register
Cjay59_LAPSED

Post by Cjay59_LAPSED »

A
Last edited by Cjay59_LAPSED on Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Mick, sorry to see only a few people make any comment on Fluff Brown AJS, there are very few members with these machines in the club, Cliff seems to be a fan of these bikes and always seems to me to be a helpful guy. We are all aware, a comp bike may not be very original.
They would had been changed perhaps when first new to suit the owner and the owners needs. So no one really expects to see a comp bike totaly original. In fact any little mods may prove the more interesting features of a comp bike.
saltbox alf
Deceased

Post by saltbox alf »

Hello and welcome Mick. Most people on the forum will help you although not many Stormer owners here. Having read the previous posts on their history, they do seem to be a fun bike to run and own.
Allons-y, amis de Matchless et AJS
mickwells63

Post by mickwells63 »

ajs4.jpg
ajs3.jpg
Thank you every one for the support. I will try a few pics now.....This is the 1st for me pics and bike. :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mickwells63

Post by mickwells63 »

Hi mmm, part 2 of bike now I think? I have my head round this..
ajs2.jpg
ajs7.jpg
ajs5.jpg
. Yes this is the bike as is, very unoriginal but attractive in a strange kind of way. To me anyway. :) . I reckon I shall ride it this summer etc maybe do the cliff and go for original silver colour frame et all this winter (next one) not the one where still in. :lol: Although I do like the alloy tank a lot and I reckon it will stay. Maybe I can muffle the bike down somewhat without losing power? Lots to think about for now. Thanks all.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
saltbox alf
Deceased

Post by saltbox alf »

Tiss my opinon' loud pipes save lives' not so that they shatter ear drums, but enough to upset mr/mrs just having a poodle around/go shops/pick up kids etc and wake em up :lol:
Allons-y, amis de Matchless et AJS