Toolbox fixing

Information relating to the Matchless G85 500cc Heavyweight, AJS 7R, Matchless G45 and Matchless G50
cbranni

Toolbox fixing

Post by cbranni »

A happy and healthy New Year to all.

1956 Matchless G80CS Comp

Has anyone got a photo or even a description of the bracket that fixes the left hand side toolbox to the bike, I have no fixings on the frame in that area other than the one that it used for a saddle. I have done a search on the forum and from what I have learnt I believe the toolbox bracket was fixed to the mudguard, can any kind member confirm this for me.

Kind regards
Colin
only dead fish go with the flow
bjorn

Re: Toolbox fixing

Post by bjorn »

Hi Colin,
I have a '56 G80CS which is my one and only street bike, and another '56 G80CS in early stages of restoration.
The left side toolbox has one only fixing to the frame, which is a lug on the frame rail under the seat. The top of the tool box is held by a single vertical bolt through this lug. Also, the toolbox is fixed by an aluminium bracket to the mudguard. The bracket has two fixing bolts on the toolbox and two other fixing bolts for attachment to the mudguard. In addition to the bracket, thin steel strips are used as reinforcement on the inside of the mudguard.

Look at the attached photos of the tool Box and fixings.

regards
Bjørn
Rear frame loop.pdf
Toolbox bracket.pdf
Toolbox and bracket.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bjorn

Post by bjorn »

Some additional info:

Part no. for the bracket is 021492.

AMC Classic Spares/Steven Surbey has it on their parts list.

Bjørn
cbranni

Post by cbranni »

Hi Bjorn,

Many thanks for the information and photos, I now know what I need.

Colin
only dead fish go with the flow