1959 trials rear wheel. Advice needed.

Information relating to the Matchless G85 500cc Heavyweight, AJS 7R, Matchless G45 and Matchless G50
clive

1959 trials rear wheel. Advice needed.

Post by clive »

The 1959 onwards G3C/16C trials bikes were fitted with a 5.5 inch single sided hub. It has 5 hole fixings. A bit wierd then. Can anyone help with an exploded diagram of the spacers etc in the rear wheel off this model? Or point us in the right direction.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Rob Harknett

Re: 1959 trials rear wheel. Advice needed.

Post by Rob Harknett »

I looked at the parts list Clive. List of parts and illustrations. The theory was, of the illustrations, remove the parts not used on the G3C. so you are left with some sort of exploded view for G3C only. It was not long before I saw, the most important parts that differ were not illustrated.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Clear as mud then.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

ajscomboman wrote:Clear as mud then.
It will probably stay that way, unless some one tries to help. If I removed all the non G3C parts from the list and illustrations. You will then see clearly from the list only the G3C part numbers. It will then need owners of G3C / 16 C to come up with pic's of the missing parts to fill the gaps in the illustrations. Some of the missing illustrations pt. no's could be checked against master parts lists, to see if they were used on other cotton reel hubs in the past.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Rob Harknett wrote:
ajscomboman wrote:Clear as mud then.
It will probably stay that way, unless some one tries to help. If I removed all the non G3C parts from the list and illustrations. You will then see clearly from the list only the G3C part numbers. It will then need owners of G3C / 16 C to come up with pic's of the missing parts to fill the gaps in the illustrations. Some of the missing illustrations pt. no's could be checked against master parts lists, to see if they were used on other cotton reel hubs in the past.
Rob, that's precisely what Clive was asking for! Anyone can search for numbers but it's the critical measurements he requires which only a G3C owners will be able to provide! :headbang: :headbang:
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

I only see Clive asking for exploded diagram, I give up.
John Jarrett

Post by John Jarrett »

Clive,
I have a G2CS with the same wheel if you want to pop over and have a look at the bits you are interested in.
John