AJS Seat availability

Information relating to the Matchless G85 500cc Heavyweight, AJS 7R, Matchless G45 and Matchless G50
daveajsmodel18cs

AJS Seat availability

Post by daveajsmodel18cs »

Hello from So Cal

well I got the 55 model 18CS back to life after a 20 year sleep, thanks for everyone who helped with solving the valve and timing ignition mysteries.
My last remaining problem is finding a seat! The parts books calls for a 021764 but all I can find is a 021199 ., will that fit?
If anyone has an old seat that will work or knows where I can buy one ...new or used please let me know!
Cant find any seats (except valve seats) in he spares directory ...I'm looking in wrong place?...thanks in advance for any info

best

Dave in Huntington Beach
Stuoyb

Re: AJS Seat availability

Post by Stuoyb »

The best supplier in the UK is R K Leighton of Birmingham.

www.rk-leighton.co.uk/
clive

Post by clive »

daveajsmodel18cs wrote:
My last remaining problem is finding a seat! The parts books calls for a 021764 but all I can find is a 021199 ., will that fit?
If anyone has an old seat that will work or knows where I can buy one ...new or used please let me know!
best
Dave in Huntington Beach
Dave as a paid up club member you are entitled to put a free wanted ad in the club magazine which will reach more people than a message in the website forum (it will also appear in the wanted ads on the website). You can either do this yourself from the home page by clicking on "adverts" then "place an advert". Alternatively you can send me an email at adverts@jampot.com quoting your membership number and the details of what you are after, including contact details for you, I would suggest including email address. If you get it to me by the 17th April it will go in the May edition of the Jampot magazine.
regards Clive Turner Advertising Editor
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
bunners

Post by bunners »

Dave
I looked for ages for a suitable seat but to no avail, so decided to bite the bullet and ordered one from R K Leighton, not cheap at 184gbp but quality second to non, if you look in recent pictures it is the one with the blue tank.
If there is life after Death whats the point of dying in the first place.