G15CS Missing parts and hello !!

Information relating to the Matchless G15 or AJS Model 33 750cc twin. This also includes the G15 Mk II and the G15/45
bigwol

Post by bigwol »

quote:
Hi Steve. Sounds like you have many happy hours of tinkering in the shed ahead of you!

Just to reiterate what was mentioned above, it would be great if you became a full member of the owners club. There's bound to be many more questions and problems ahead, and as you have already seen, there are many people on this forum with more knowledge than us newbies could ever hope for who are more than happy to help.

Your membership would help support the club, cover some the many unseen costs behind the forum etc, and also give you access to many other benefits that being a member brings. Click "Club" then "Membership" in the above menu for the full details. Oh and there's the club spares service too where members get a discount which cover actually more than cover the joining fee after purchasing a few spares!

Go on, you know you want to!

Another advantage of becoming a member is getting along to your local section meets Steve, you are bound to find people there willing to help out with advice and knowledge, and maybe even a few hours in your shed helping out! Once you get the old girl back where she should be, on the road, you will have someone to ride out with and show her off too as well! As a newish member myself I can honestly say it has been very worthwhile both joining up and getting along for a beer and a natter once a fortnight. Edited by - bigwol on 22 Sep 2011 04:42:54 AM
It's all just riding motorbikes
en7jos

Post by en7jos »

Ah yes, the section meetings too! I was forgetting about those. Not much a section here in HK you see with only 2 Matchless in the country!

Back in Blighty for Chrimbo though so looking forward to going to my first meeting then perhaps, albeit on 4 wheels rather than 2.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
My Matchless G3LS website is here - http://www.matchlessclueless.com
Christian Gyde

Post by Christian Gyde »

The major points not correct are a bit of extra chrome here and there, stainless spokes, sliders, bolts and nuts (this is my main ride), TLS front brake (it is not in the picture, but later I found at 410 lbs dry it is nice to be able to stop!) and then the rear light and number plate holder was switched for an original 60ies Bates (US after market accessories) tail light and holder. I have a Mikuni on it, but got the original Amals as well, just in case I should want trouble some day.

BTW there is a new set of folding pegs on US Ebay right now.Edited by - Christian Gyde on 22 Sep 2011 08:21:06 AM
schwantzz

Post by schwantzz »

I do have every intention of joining the club, I also need to get things moving with reclamationof the original number for the bike which will need the clubs assistance. Just a bit tight on funds so I chose to buy parts this month. Hopefully my Steib sidecar will fetch good money on ebay and I can work my way down the shopping list !

Christian, what are the make and sizes of the tyres you have fitted ? Dunlop perhaps ? They look good, how do they handle on the road ?
schwantzz

Post by schwantzz »

Club joined !!
Malleon

Post by Malleon »

Welcome to the Crazy Gang, Steve!
I hope that you will find that the more you put in to the Club, the more you will receive
from it.
Best regards, and best wishes for your future.
en7jos

Post by en7jos »

Good move Steve! Welcome to the club
My Matchless G3LS website is here - http://www.matchlessclueless.com
schwantzz

Post by schwantzz »

Hi all, just a little update on progress. Work is progressing slowly, I have rebuilt the forks and fitted the correct shrouds and found some closer matching handlebars although im not 100% happy with them. Footpegs and repairs to the brackets are done and just waiting for paint. Crankcase seal has been replaced on the primary side and i bought a gasket set yesterday so can now rebuild that side of the engine.
I also sourced a side stand and spring with needs a little work before painting.
Spent several hours searching round Kempton park auto jumble for parts yesterday but NO back brake, so if anyone has one or knows where I can get a brake pedal then I'd be very pleased to hear from you.
dave66

Post by dave66 »

Looking at your original picture you have already got one!
schwantzz

Post by schwantzz »

Oh my goodness Dave, I've just been and checked my bike and you're right. I'm used to modern bikes and I've been looking on the wrong side :-)
Sorry, couldn't resist that. The one fitted is the wrong shape and fitting. Someone has bodged it by crudely welding a spindle onto the engine stud.