G15CSR Motor Mount Spacer Placement

Information relating to the Matchless G15 or AJS Model 33 750cc twin. This also includes the G15 Mk II and the G15/45
Gerard Harrison

Post by Gerard Harrison »

OK, on the bottom cross frame stud....the square one.... Part # 01-8604 (the one used for mounting the foot pegs on CS models)

There are 3 spacers

The first is the long one which is self-evident....it goes between the mounting plates

the other 2 are short ones going on the outside of the mounting plates. Between the frame's lower rails and respective plates

They are 2 different lengths meaning 1 goes on the Drive side and 1 goes on the Timing side

My Parts book describes them as follows: 03-0236 Spacer Left Hand and 01-0911 Spacer Right Hand

Can anyone advise me which side the SHORTER one goes on?

If I have the answer I should be able to figure the rest of it out

Thanks & regards
Gerard
Don Madden

Post by Don Madden »

I don't remember but if you bolt up the rear plates to the frame seat post the spacing will be obvious. The square stud is the footrest mounting stud. Cheers, Don.
John Donne

Post by John Donne »

The parts book shows all the spacer assemblies for the CS models and the CSR models. The CS models have one spacer between the engine plates and two of the same size between the foot rest and the engine plates. The G15MK2's late G15CSR's and the earlier G15CSR have the same engine plate spacer (long one that goes between the engine plates) and two other spacers that are of different lengths that go go either side of the engine plates. The G15CSR cafe racer type uses the stud, washer and three spacers ,as the footrests are of the rear set type. If for some reason the spacers are fitted wrong, then the centre stand can jam and will not retract correctly. Do not ever be tempted to made the spacers smaller, just lever the frame wider to insert these spacers.