G15 Pictures

Information relating to the Matchless G15 or AJS Model 33 750cc twin. This also includes the G15 Mk II and the G15/45
Draco63

G15 Pictures

Post by Draco63 »

I'm looking for detailed photos of G15CSs and CSRs. There are no pictures in the parts manual, and the more parts I aquire the more questions I have about how they go together. Specificly gas tank mounting, kick stand instalation alternator instalation, and im sure many others as this project continues.

Eric
bjork

G15 Pictures

Post by bjork »

Hi Eric, not many hybrid owners around here I'm afraid, but in answer to your queries;

Tank mounting-at the front there should be two longish rubber sleeves that fit over a special bolt. They slip up into the two tubes under the front of the tank. The threaded ends then go through the corresponding mountings on the frame, when you fit and tighten the nuts the rubbers expand and hold the tank firm.
At the back, the tank rests on rubber packing. This needs to be enough to raise the tank clear of the cylinder head and rocker covers. Then finish it off with a stout rubber band looped under the frame and onto the two studs sticking out of the rear of the tank. The front fittings are available from the clubs spares scheme, the rear stuff you need to bodge up yourself.

The kick/side stand is I think the same as all late matchless/ajs duplex type frames, and pivots on a lug built in to the fame under the front of the primary drive casing. JSL do the pivot and springs too.

The alternator is a standard Lucas item, the odd bit is that the stator fits into the outer primary case, so the fitting of the case needs to be good on dowels etc to get alignment-and also the inner case to crankcase needs to be good as well.

I bet you've googled round the world for this, but you can get a good bit of info from this site- www.motorbyte.com/norton/hybrid.htm

The only official manuals/parts books for these as far as I can see, were included with the Norton Atlas books. Most of these bikes went to USA/Canada so most of the knowledge used to be there too, people like Waldridges did most of the selling, so now we often have to go calling them to find out about these bikes made in London!

Hope this helps,

Steve
Using yesterdays technology to create tomorrows problems today
wayne fields

G15 Pictures

Post by wayne fields »

Hi Eric. I have found the ideal rubber for the rear mount on this type of tank I have a 1964 G12 and had the same problem. use a rubber stretchy type thingy with moulded loops on each end. down here they are available from tent sales stores and are used to fit into tent stay ropes to keep a constant tension on them. and fit perfectly over the studs on the tank my machine has the same frame as yours but a better MOTOR

regards Wayne
Draco63

G15 Pictures

Post by Draco63 »

Thanks Wayne.

The problem was not finding the part but how to install it. There are no pictures in the parts list that show how to install it. The rubber band is available from Jampot Spares p/n 017137.

Eric