33csr silencers ?

Information relating to the Matchless G15 or AJS Model 33 750cc twin. This also includes the G15 Mk II and the G15/45
andy johnson

33csr silencers ?

Post by andy johnson »

good evening , would anyone have an example of the correct silencer for the model 33 , g15 csr silencer ? or good photos and dimensions so i can have some made ?? as finding theses is an absolute nightmare !
many thanks
andy
JEAN-NOEL

Re: 33csr silencers ?

Post by JEAN-NOEL »

Hello Andy,
you can see a lot of samples of 1965 - on G15 in Roy Bacon Book : Matchless & AJS RESTORATION (available from AMOC PARTS). All have cigar type silencers. I think they were similar to N....n ones for the same years. You can try ARMOURS, FEKED, BRITISH ONLY. In the DK Archives you have lots of informations : catalogues, road tests etc where you can see how they were when they are new.
Kind regards.
Reynard24

Post by Reynard24 »

Amours, Feked etc do not stock the correct cigar shaped silencers - you could try Mike Partridge at Walridge motors in Canada. He recently supplied one for my 1965 M18. You'll probably need 1 5/8" inlets for the twins, the 500 singles are 1 3/4".
mdt-son

Post by mdt-son »

I second Reynad24's reply. Be sure to get the revised design silencer where brackets are moved backwards. Mike P. told me the initial design silencers were prone to cracking due to the silencer's centre of gravity being too far forward, thus creating a force couple at the bracket.

-Knut