No hole nacelle

Information relating to the Matchless G12 or AJS Model 31 650cc twin
lawrence

No hole nacelle

Post by lawrence »

Hi
I am rebuilding a model 31CSR and have repaired the chronmetric speedo. A previous owner had chopped the trip meter spindle off with cutters. I have made a new one up but in returning the unit to the nacelle realise that there is no hole for the reset cable/grip to pass through as the headlamp nacelle is closed apart from the hole for the wiring loom to enter. On other Ajays the rear half of the nacelle is open underneath. Where does the access come from?

Mystified of Northampton

Lawrence[}:)]
MikeM.

No hole nacelle

Post by MikeM. »

Your previous headlamp must have been pre '60 Lawrence, for 1960 the shell was one piece and the trip extension went through the large grommet at the back of the shell, this grommet has three holes, one each for the wiring loom, speedo drive and the trip extension(which is about four inches long). Hope this is of some help.
MikeM.

lawrence

No hole nacelle

Post by lawrence »

That would explain it. I've fitted a load more electrical stuff so the loom takes up all the hole now. I'll have to drill another [:I]

Colin F

No hole nacelle

Post by Colin F »

Drill that hole and bang goes any chance in the concourse, I always check number of holes in the headlamp when I'm judging :-)
lawrence

No hole nacelle

Post by lawrence »

Dang! I was so sure that the conkers judges would be impressed with the Kawasaki handlebar switchgear, the indicators and all the other 'slightly modified' stuff. That hole has blown my chances [:(!]

silverarrow

No hole nacelle

Post by silverarrow »

Why not enlarge an existing hole so colin count would be OK. If the aperture size is queried claim yours is the midle eastern model and the larger hole is part of the air conditioning system.

Les Smith (silverarrow397) [:o)]
Keep smiling