G12 spark plugs

Information relating to the Matchless G12 or AJS Model 31 650cc twin
willowbedone

G12 spark plugs

Post by willowbedone »

Are klg fe70 plugs ok for a1960 g12 mines developed a misfire It goes onto one cylinder then clears for a while then goes onto one cylinder again .I'm thinking plugs but could it anything else I've cleaned the slip ring in the mag and checked HT leads and caps Any help would be much appreciated
Ian
ajscomboman

Re: G12 spark plugs

Post by ajscomboman »

Most likely a plug but the plugs you have mentioned are as old as the bike unless by some good luck they are new old stock. I'd recommend Champion N5C
willowbedone

Post by willowbedone »

Thanks for reply Yes the KLG plugs that I have are brand new old stock A mate has a couple of boxes of them I will try it with these and see how it goes I may have NGK plugs that are the fake ones which I fitted a few miles ago
clive

Post by clive »

The equivalent of N5 was keg FE80 I think. No harm in trying the FE70 s as who knows what is right for our bikes as the fuel, and T type of driving is very different from when the bikes were built.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
willowbedone

Post by willowbedone »

Fitted two brand spanking new old stock KLG Fe 70 plugs It Dunn's a treat no miss fire I will see how they are after a lot more miles