Has anyone had any information regarding the dynamo cranks?

Information relating to the Matchless G12 or AJS Model 31 650cc twin
mdt-son

Re: Has anyone had any information regarding the dynamo cran

Post by mdt-son »

This is encouraging news.
It might be an idea to have the crankshafts shipped to non-brits from Austria, preventing the border delays and customs clearance issues which are to be expected at the end of the month and several months thereafter.

Regards,
Knut Sonsteby
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Too complex, we'll be going over in the van to collect the whole batch and bring them back before the 31st. That way at least we'll have them.
mdt-son

Post by mdt-son »

Hi Rob,

Sorry to appear as a PITA, but I need to keep up the pressure on a solution. Are the cranks in the UK by now?

-Knut
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

mdt-son wrote:Hi Rob,

Sorry to appear as a PITA, but I need to keep up the pressure on a solution. Are the cranks in the UK by now?

-Knut
Nope and despite all the promises and several mails I've heard nothing!

Update! I've just had a reply mail come in. Our main contact has been seriously ill in hospital having his eyes attended too. I know that he had problems a while back and it seems things turned ugly. Almost losing ones sight has to take priority. Anyhow he's back on the case and plans to have a meeting with the boss either tomorrow or Wed. He'll be trying to pin down a delivery date and as soon as I have it I'll be posting
mdt-son

Post by mdt-son »

Sorry Rob, but I don't get it. Health of the club's "main contact" shouldn't affect the speed of manufacture in any way, provided it's a proper business. Yes, I know, the one who shouts the loudest gets served first ....
However, if they've taken on a task with a final deadline (assignments should always have a deadline, it's part of the calculation), then there are contractual terms the Club may enforce. However, in case the Club assigned the task to this outfit without a final delivery date, then they can postpone forever and we - the Club - are in deep shit.

I must say your latest news is rather depressing after this long wait. May I suggest a 25% bonus is negotiated with the company to finish at a final date? I for one would be willing to pay this amount additionally to receive my ordered crankshaft. The wait has been too long and we need to end this one way or another.

Regards,
Knut
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

Hi Knut, the news may be depressing but if you want your deposit back then this can be arranged.
Please do not think that you can do better than we are trying.
Roy
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

mdt-son wrote:Sorry Rob, but I don't get it. Health of the club's "main contact" shouldn't affect the speed of manufacture in any way, provided it's a proper business. Yes, I know, the one who shouts the loudest gets served first ....
However, if they've taken on a task with a final deadline (assignments should always have a deadline, it's part of the calculation), then there are contractual terms the Club may enforce. However, in case the Club assigned the task to this outfit without a final delivery date, then they can postpone forever and we - the Club - are in deep shit.

I must say your latest news is rather depressing after this long wait. May I suggest a 25% bonus is negotiated with the company to finish at a final date? I for one would be willing to pay this amount additionally to receive my ordered crankshaft. The wait has been too long and we need to end this one way or another.

Regards,
Knut
How you can say that a club members health (especially his eyesight!) is less important than a piece of metal is beyond me! Quite frankly I'm appalled at that comment. As Roy has said, if you want your money back you may have it.

We'll continue to finalise the project , which behind the scenes has been far from as straightforward as your posting would like it to be.
Yves.Astein

Post by Yves.Astein »

I hope his eys get better ! Nothing worst than loosing your sight.... keep up the good work guys ! Thanks for trying everything!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

I had a mail mid last week and the eyes are getting better. His eyes have to be good as he's checking every stage of the machining and giving the ok to proceed before they move onto the next, hence the dependency on a local contact. The previous contractors didn't do so well on some of the processes hence our desire to get every stage checked.
For us being over 1000 miles away I can't just pop over every now and then.
mdt-son

Post by mdt-son »

ajscomboman wrote: How you can say that a club members health (especially his eyesight!) is less important than a piece of metal is beyond me! Quite frankly I'm appalled at that comment.
?? I am just staggered how some opinions can be falsely interpreted and attitudes construed. Please don't do that. In your previous postings you did not reveal that the "main contact" was in fact involved in the manufacturing cycle.
I was under the impression his involvement was of a liaison nature. Of course I wish the man (I guess we are talking of M.G.) a speedy recovery. The timetable for machining of cranks has to be subordinate to this - of course.

-Knut