1960 g12 cable part numbers

Information relating to the Matchless G12 or AJS Model 31 650cc twin
willowbedone

1960 g12 cable part numbers

Post by willowbedone »

Help I am usually very good at ordering the wrong parts Then have trouble returning them' Could anyone help with the correct part numbers for a clutch cable and a throttle cable for a 1960 g12 with monoblock carb
THANKS IAN
SPRIDDLER

Re: 1960 g12 cable part numbers

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Ian. It depends whether you have an adjuster on the clutch handlebar lever or not as it affects the choice of cable.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

If you look for your bike part list for numbers you will see for Clutch 026250 = club pt. no. T750 and monobloc carb wants T563 throttle cable. But note what spriddler states. You do need the correct parts the correct cable fits.
TrevorCSR

Post by TrevorCSR »

Well, I just put the AMC part number (026250) for the clutch cable into the spares scheme, and it does NOT recognise it. I really would like to know how you got to "Clutch 026250 = club pt. no. T750"? Why do the club list it as T750 and not the AMC number?
Oh and it gets better! IF you know that you need T750, though how you get there is unclear, it actually states "CABLE CLUTCH CONTROL- REPLACES T560, T773". Confused??
AND, of course, what handlebars do you have? As stated lever bosses (perches) come with and without adjusters. Then has your monobloc carb got adjusters screwed into the top? Or is the adjuster in-line in the cable? Do you have a standard twist grip?
STANDARD for the clutch would be normal (flat) bars, NO adjusters on lever bosses, adjuster in the gearbox outer cover.
Monobloc, NO carb top screw, just a small ferrule into the top as it has to very quickly get out of the way of the top frame tube, along with an in-line adjuster. That should be on the down run from the twist grip, reachable for both rider and weather (water).