Rear shocks for US import 31 CS

Information relating to the Matchless G12 or AJS Model 31 650cc twin
Lancs

Rear shocks for US import 31 CS

Post by Lancs »

Hi - I've just imported a 1958, 31 CS from the States and it needs new rear shocks. Very little damping.
Chatting to the Owners' Club reps at Kempton this weekend, I gather the CS ones are longer than those on the CSR?
Might someone post the spec for these - length and pound rates? And maybe a stockist?
Many thanks in anticipation.
Dave
ajsph

Re: Rear shocks for US import 31 CS

Post by ajsph »

from the Girling catalogue
Girling.pdf
Poul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mollymole

Post by mollymole »

interesting,I have a g0cs and the units are longer than others I have obtained.I have replaced them with the standard shorter ones,can you still get the long ones?
JimFitz

Post by JimFitz »

And can you still get the 145 lb/in springs for sidecar use?

Jim
Too old to Rock and Roll but too young to die.

1952 G80 rigid, 1960 G12 DL / Watsonian Monza, 1954 G80S.
Lancs

Post by Lancs »

Many thanks for posting the PDF - looks like I need part No 3046, length 12.6 in extended, 100b/in spring rate?

I gather the CS went to the States first, hence it's a 1958 bike with 650 engine.

If anyone can post a good stockist that would appreciated. Very much enjoying the bike so far.
hwilkinson

Post by hwilkinson »

Dave

The parts lists for 59 and 60 show the same part 024181 for All CS & CSR. There are no 31 parts in the 58 parts list, perhaps because, as you say, they had not been launched in UK.

That Girling PDF did not show CSR spec's it would probably be on the next line down.

Have you joined the club yet, you will have access to load of info and experts.

Good luck
Harry
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

The club sell replica units, parts and the peg spanner, if you are thinking of buying, club members can get a discount. The Girling cat. gives Girling pt. no's The club quotes the AMC part number. Buying from the club you can be sure, if they have the correct the pt. no seen in the AMC parts list for your bike, you are buying the correct part.