Thrust Washers for the \Twin Cranks.

Information relating to the Matchless G12 or AJS Model 31 650cc twin
G15 Roy

Re: Thrust Washers for the \Twin Cranks.

Post by G15 Roy »

242017 wrote:Might have been a good idea to mention the fact to some of the members on here who are in dire need of them....who do not have a crystal ball
It seems that you have lots of good ideas but do very little to help only criticise.
Roy

Post by 242017 »

Seems that you have a view on everything too...and an answer
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

The difference between you and the likes of me and the committee and those that help to run the spares scheme dedicate a lot of time and effort for you a member.
Perhaps if you feel that we are doing such an inefficient task, put yourself forward to join the committee
And educate us the way to go.
As you have expressed a slight interest in the new presidential position, you may need to change your approach to encourage some support.
Roy
Stuoyb

Post by Stuoyb »

Might have been a good idea to mention the fact to some of the members on here who are in dire need of them....who do not have a crystal ball
We have spent a lot of time over the last 2+ years trying to track down original thrust washers and a supplier who can a) make them and b) produce small batches not 1000's.

In February we received confirmation from a potential supplier that he was prepared to go ahead and the lead time would be "up to six months". Last week we had notification that production is almost complete and they will be shipped within the next month.

We did not want to say anything until we physically had them because of the inevitable comments from the "experts" had the delivery been delayed or production problems encountered.

We're damned if we do and damned if we don't.

Maybe you could give up your time free of charge to resolve such issues. It's easy to criticise, but harder to actually do it!

Post by 242017 »

Roy,I can see that you are a relatively new member of this club....I was organising and running at least two IJR in Denmark before you joined....As a member of over thirty years I also have a right to ask a few questions....and give a few comments without hearing from a "know all " like yourself.

I have no wish to stand as President . I was just asking about the criteria of the position.

"The difference between you and the likes of me" is probably that I engage brain before writing
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

New, yes only 20 years the past is the past and it's not what you've done it's what you can offer today.
Step up and offer some help or just shut up.

Yours the current President.
Roy

Post by 242017 »

Am I supposed to be impressed by your title and what you think ???....I did help at the last IJR in Denmark......

Am I supposed to be impressed by that title or your opinions....I did help at the last IJR in Denmark...You would have known that if you had attended
TrevorCSR

Post by TrevorCSR »

AT this point the 'forum moderater' should step in!
Good to hear that washers will be available from the club in the (near?) future. Well done.
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

Yes Geoff and your amazing collection of bikes as described on site.
YES I was there!
Not trying to impress !!!!
No moderator required unless you feel necessary.
Roy

Post by 242017 »

I was also driving behind the run on the Saturday with the trailer picking up any that had broken down or that had gotten lost....So I did offer my help