exhaust system for a g11

Information relating to the Matchless G11 or AJS Model 30 600cc twin
Steve Martin

exhaust system for a g11

Post by Steve Martin »

At the risk of putting words into another contributors mouth; what was 'conclusive' from the evidence presented was that there is a problem of quality control, and much more seriously, in customer relations policy. Examples of satisfactory products do not counter evidence either of those points. The relative percentages may allow the firm's staff to sleep at night, and carry on in business, but they are little comfort to the customer who trusts their general reputation, or recommendations from the fortunate, only to find themselves in the position described previously. It must be even more disconcerting for the overseas customers, who in some numbers have had similar experiences, complicated by the distance and cost of returning unsatisfactory goods.
I think I would have really appreciated some warning about this. I intended to take my old system along, but it was dirty, and I didn't see any real need to do so. Had I done so, I'd have been in a position to spot the deviations, and act accordingly. As it was, I took the products on trust, assuming that the normal recourse experienced with other firms would apply. Yes I got my money back, but polite concern, or attempts to find a way round,like trying another better item, were not on offer. I can't see anything unethical about warning other potential customers to proceed with caution and make adequate preparations to avoid a similar situation.

Regards, Steve.
piston

exhaust system for a g11

Post by piston »

ow doo .yes perhaps we should keep the tone down a bit. "well would you listen to me". im sorry if i upset anyone, but its not like the stess and upset ive had to go through.it took almost a year to get my money back.that didnt include phone costs ,photos,photocopys etc.one bit of good that did come out of it was and still is, very good support and help from the club. i would love to see a marque of each bike as factory standard to be represented in the Jampot. shots from all angles.to form a reference guide ???