1958 G11CS

Information relating to the Matchless G11 or AJS Model 30 600cc twin
moley

1958 G11CS

Post by moley »

ADVICE ON A 58 G11CS PLEASE... I HAVE JUST PURCHASED ONE. ALTHOUGH IN BITS IT HAS OBVIOUSLY BEEN RESTORED ABOUT 10 YEARS AGO.... IT HAS THE ROAD TANK WITH SIDE PANELS WHICH I SEE WAS AN OPTION BUT IT HAS GOT CHROME FORK SHROUDS AND SPRING COVERS AND ALSO REAR CHROME COVERS FOR THE GIRLINGS BOTH TOP AND BOTTOM... IS THIS CORRECT FOR THE CS?.... I SEE THE CSR HAS CHROME COVERS BUT HAS THE CS? HAS ANYBODY GOT A PICTURE OF ONE THEY COULD POSSIBLE EMAIL ME ?

CHEERS[:)]

ranger

1958 G11CS

Post by ranger »

Hello Andrew
I'm no expert but have seen a number of CS Twin models with chrome fork shrouds/spring covers and rear shock shrouds. My 61 G80CS was similarly equipped and I think the Vic Wiloughby MIRA CS Twin, pictured in the Roy Bacon Book and elsewhere, is similarly equipped. Bear in mind that most CS models were marketed with the USA in mind who seemed to like additional chrome at the time. I think there is a road test of a 600 CS in the Gold Portfolio book which shows the extra chrome bits. Don't know what you think but, personally, I think that the CS/CSR road tank of that period is probably the most hideous tank ever produced. In my mind, they look so much better with the 2 1/4 gal comp tank or, v rare 3 gal comp tank. Have you checked the gallery of the club or the USA OC gallery, through the links page, for pics?

Cheers

Tim