A reg six rectifier

Information relating to the Matchless G9 or AJS Model 20 500cc twin
midgebuster1970

A reg six rectifier

Post by midgebuster1970 »

Hi, I've just bought one of these, and I'm a bit confused on the wiring instructions, could a anyone give me some pointers in the right direction. I understand the combining the green yellow wire from the alt with the green/blk wire before attaching to the rect, but at the rec there is a doubled grn/blk, do I still need the second wire to go back to the switch? Also I have a brn/blue going from the rect to the battery which is then doubled to go to back into the loom, which I assume I connect to the a reg black wire. Confused
Neil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cbranni

Re: A reg six rectifier

Post by cbranni »

Have you bought an A reg 6v from Paul Goff or some other supplier? if you have then you don't need the rectifier, the A reg does it all regulates and rectifies.
Wait to hear from you.

Colin
only dead fish go with the flow
midgebuster1970

Yes got it from Paul Goff, got it to replace the one in the photo
Groily

Post by Groily »

A bit of the existing wiring becomes superfluous with the fitting of an A Reg unit. The wiring is made simpler, but some wires become redundant (or can be removed). The little diagram from Goff's site is a good guide as to what goes where, and is all you need. See http://www.norbsa02.freeuk.com/WiringDiagBasicAlt.htm
midgebuster1970

Thanks that should help. I'll have a go at that later and see if I can delete the second grn/blk wire
midgebuster1970

Not much of an update, but I took the bike out last week and the ammeter showed a small positive charge, so I'm going to leave this for a while and sort out the fuelling so it'll run without a bit of choke.
midgebuster1970

I've been running it with the choke on! Stupid boy
cbranni

Post by cbranni »

It's okay........................I won't tell anyone ;) ;) ;)

I kicked my Panther till I was out of breath yesterday, then realised I hadn't switched ignition on :headbang: :headbang:
only dead fish go with the flow
midgebuster1970

I can beat that, I thought I'd broken the kickstart when trying to start the bike with the clutch in, like I do when I press the starter on my Honda