Harris G80 wiring

Information relating to the Matchless G80 or AJS Model 18 500cc Heavyweight.
jojo

Harris G80 wiring

Post by jojo »

Hi there, can anyone advise what the blue/black wire is for on this model? It has been disconnected and there seems to be a black wire also disconnected. Do these go together? They are located near the top of the frame in front of the tank. Any help appreciated.Thank you Jojo
jojo
gleng80

Harris G80 wiring

Post by gleng80 »

Hi Jojo,
There are two blue/black wires. one from the ignition box to the Tacho and the other from the fuse box to the ignition switch. The plain black wires are usually earthed. The two wires shouldn't be connected. You'll find a wiring diagram and other info at:
http://217.157.196.176:8181/ajs/harrisg80/
I hope this helps.
Glen
jojo

Harris G80 wiring

Post by jojo »

Thank you very much, it helps alot and fills alot of info gaps! thanks again jojo
jojo
jonhal

Harris G80 wiring

Post by jonhal »

Hi,
I wanted to ask you about the rear shocks on your G80. They look a bit short, wheel looks close to the mudguard. Or is it the camera angle!
Regards,
John (jonhal)
jojo

Harris G80 wiring

Post by jojo »

Hi John,
I think it's the camera angle as it rode really well but will check when I get the bike back and going! Any idea about the original shocks?
regards
Jojo
jojo
jonhal

Harris G80 wiring

Post by jonhal »

Hi JoJo,
sorry for late reply.
Shocks can be replaced with Hagon units, as on mine. They measure at approx 15'' bolt hole to bolt hole. Mine seem a bit soft and I have been looking to replace them. The Hagon ones are a bit costly. They should be all chrome springs. Plenty on ebay but all too short.
John
jojo

Harris G80 wiring

Post by jojo »

Hi John,
No worries mine has Konis on it and they do ride well. Still not going waiting for a carby and pipe! Hope to be on the road in a couple of weeks.....
Thanks Jojo
jojo