no oil returning to the tank

Information relating to the Matchless G80 or AJS Model 18 500cc Heavyweight.
willowbedone

Re: no oil returning to the tank

Post by willowbedone »

clive wrote:Please use the adverts section or the special adverts part of the forum to place your wanted ad. We dont allow them in the general forum area. Thanks Clive Adverts Editor.
Sorry Clive I thought I was asking for advice on where to get parts notcadvertising them for sale :oops:
willowbedone

Post by willowbedone »

After another good look the pipe feeding the rockers is probably the reason for oil leek I will be looking again in the morning
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Backing Neville's comment, I made the mistake in my youth and snapped a rear plate bolt, one up against the crankcase. What a swine!

Johnny B
willowbedone

Post by willowbedone »

After looking today I think it's the pipe feeding the rockers is leaking as to much oil to be the end plate .The thread is a bit worn on it and I thought it was tight but obviously not I have cleaned the thread up and will give it another try tomorrow But may need a new end cap
willowbedone

Post by willowbedone »

All sorted it was the rocker feed pipe leaking. Engine runs a treat just need to fit outer chain case petrol tank and seat.Then it's of on a ride with a bag of spanners just in :) case .I hope the weather is good to me and the snow stays away :beer:
willowbedone

Post by willowbedone »

No progress I've been in quarantine as I've had the dreaded lurgy Missed the Sussex section meeting and not done anything to the bike for a week :|
Hopefully better soon and back on it
willowbedone

Post by willowbedone »

All back together seat and tank on .poured petrol into tank and guess what both fuel taps leaking petrol .I am hoping that the corks have dried out and will swell up after having petrol back in the tank I thought it a good idea to drain it wrap it in an old towel and store it indoors whilst repairing the engine Wrong again I guessing the corks in the taps have dried out :D
willowbedone

Post by willowbedone »

All sorted no petrol leaks Took the bike for a run about 35 miles no problem runs a treat .And when I got home a nice warm oil tank with a good return of oil I would recommend Ken De-Groome to anyone he done an excellent job rebuilding the bottom half the bike was never this smooth before :beer: :beer: