sizes of rocker arm

Information relating to the Matchless G80 or AJS Model 18 500cc Heavyweight.
StephenG80

Re: sizes of rocker arm

Post by StephenG80 »

I see. Sorry got confused. If Sprids 1.5" valve side arm is standard, then 50% it is for "spriddlers Tiddler" - that seems too much of an increase to not cause problems - would you agree?
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

I'd guess that a 50% increase in lift using 'my' 1" arm would likely to be too much and the piston would probably hit the open valve but you're welcome to try it. It's also possible that the '47 axle splines are oriented differently from your axle vis-à-vis lining up with the mating cut-outs in the arm. Maybe better to go for a L/W arm, eh?
No message rec'd............but if your message would be in the affirmative and you want to try the arm text your address to 07815 995548 and I'll post it on Monday...

.....Over.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
StephenG80

Post by StephenG80 »

"Calling Spriddler Calling Spriddlar this is Stephen G80. Agreed. Wilco L/W arm. Out"

Thanks for the offer though. That was quite a thread :? - we got there in the end. I'll stick with trying to source a G2 or G5 arm :-) :beer:
raffles

Post by raffles »

Do you not think that as all of these threads were started from information that originated from Ken de Groome .That he would have worked out the best
way to go. So why not simply follow the Experts advice.
Tony
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

raffles wrote:Do you not think that as all of these threads were started from information that originated from Ken de Groome .That he would have worked out the best way to go. So why not simply follow the Experts advice. Tony
Where's the fun in that? Common sense and being right is so BORING!

(It reminds me of one of my wives :roll: ).
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
StephenG80

Post by StephenG80 »

raffles wrote:Do you not think that as all of these threads were started from information that originated from Ken de Groome .That he would have worked out the best
way to go. So why not simply follow the Experts advice.
Tony
I think you have missed the point Tony - we were following that and trying to ascertain how to identify a G2 or G5 arm out of situ. If you have definitive answer to that question then why not share it?

Finally its been a bit of fun as well and surely that's what ts all about :-) :roll: