Crashbar Securing Stud.

Information relating to the Matchless G80 or AJS Model 18 500cc Heavyweight.
Hillwalker

Crashbar Securing Stud.

Post by Hillwalker »

I recently purchased a crashbar.This is the single bar which attaches to the frame via the sidecar lug. A threaded stud approximately four inches long screws into the two halves where it protrudes from the lug.The stud I have is much too short.
I am unable to identify the correct stud required other than it is fourteen TPI,5/8" diameter but does not identify closely with any measurements I have taken with a caliper and compared the measurements with information on line to identify the correct thread.
Any information would be gratefully received.
Mick D

Re: Crashbar Securing Stud.

Post by Mick D »

Hi

5/8" x 14 TPI is a BSF thread - what dimensions are you reading from the existing threaded bar?

Regards Mick
Last edited by Mick D on Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob Harknett

Re: Crashbar Securing Stud.

Post by Rob Harknett »

Hillwalker wrote:I recently purchased a crashbar.This is the single bar which attaches to the frame via the sidecar lug. A threaded stud approximately four inches long screws into the two halves where it protrudes from the lug.The stud I have is much too short.
I am unable to identify the correct stud required other than it is fourteen TPI,5/8" diameter but does not identify closely with any measurements I have taken with a caliper and compared the measurements with information on line to identify the correct thread.
Any information would be gratefully received.
May be worth trying on something with a known thread type/size, rear wheel spindle, footrest bar, etc.
Looks like Mick has come up trumps with a size. While I was typing.