A 'charging' question.

Information relating to the Matchless G80 or AJS Model 18 500cc Heavyweight.
clive

Re: A 'charging' question.

Post by clive »

G15 Roy wrote:I always carry one in my pocket just incase. ;)
surprised there is room when there is at least a gallon of top-up oil in there too!
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

ajscomboman wrote:Rob, there are several advantages with a DVR2, they regulate the current more steadily and have the ability to be swapped between 6V and 12V with out cutting any internal links like the V Reg also it's ability to still kick in with a flat battery if the need arises. The early V-reg that you refer to does not have that capability neither does the V-reg2 I'm led to believe. The DVR2 also fits into an original CVC case more easily as well coupled with the fact that it also doesn't require to be mounted in the air stream just make them more appealing. I have a V Reg2 which I'm happy with but over the last few yrs have swapped over after purchasing the first DVR2 because of their superior ability.
Thanks Rob, I guess there must had been some advancement in 20 odd years. Getting them to kick in with a flat battery is what was needed.
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

clive wrote:
surprised there is room when there is at least a gallon of top-up oil in there too!
You will be surprised what I can fit in just one pocket and this year I will need no Oil for the IJR trip ;)
Roy
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

G15 Roy wrote:
clive wrote:
You will be surprised what I can fit in just one pocket and this year I will need no Oil for the IJR trip ;)
Does that mean my Rukka won't be getting any more waterproofing? :beer: I'll believe it when I see it!!! :twisted: Anyway you'd better be carrying some as it may be my turn to keep up the tradition of oil guzzling, and I don't have enough carrying capacity! :rofl:
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

ajscomboman wrote:Rob, there are several advantages with a DVR2,
I agree that when they work they are good but don't except any level of customer service when they go wrong as he is refusing to replace the second one that as failed, saying that out of the four i have bought to have two fail is strange and i am trying to pull the wool over his eyes. The first one failed after being in use for about six mounts all the way to Denmark and back and the other was brand new and just did not work.
Roy
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

I think it was one of those that I had given to me, it proved a dud.
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Have to say that I'm still using the DVR2 that I fitted a long time ago, maybe 4/5 years and as you know I do a bit of mileage.

The saving grace is that the SR1 magneto has been so reliable and at least one can complete a journey if necessary.

LED lights and a friendly person with a charger and Bob's your second cousin twice removed.

Johnny B

PS I'll be selling my shares in the major oil companies now then, Roy.
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

56G80S wrote:Have to say that I'm still using the DVR2 that I fitted a long time ago, maybe 4/5 years and as you know I do a bit of mileage.

The saving grace is that the SR1 magneto has been so reliable and at least one can complete a journey if necessary.

LED lights and a friendly person with a charger and Bob's your second cousin twice removed.

Johnny B

PS I'll be selling my shares in the major oil companies now then, Roy.
Yoy bad man I will still be on the road but it may be a bit dark :evil:
Roy
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

Out On a run today I had Yet again a DVR2 fail. This one is about 18 months old. All was working fine and all of the sudden the amp meter went full charge and blew all the bulbs. has any one else had problems as their after sale service seems to be ???? And I am keen to sort this out with the company? with there local section member.
Roy
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

G15 Roy wrote:Out On a run today I had Yet again a DVR2 fail. This one is about 18 months old. All was working fine and all of the sudden the amp meter went full charge and blew all the bulbs. has any one else had problems as their after sale service seems to be ???? And I am keen to sort this out with the company? with there local section member.
Oh dear, am I being dragged into it now. I did see Mike at the local Boxing day meet but didn't really have time to talk to him. I'll pop over one day and have a chat. To be fair I've yet to have one fail and I've been using them for years.