Rear grab rails

Information relating to the Matchless G3 or AJS Model 16 350cc Heavyweight
John Turnbull.

Rear grab rails

Post by John Turnbull. »

Do grab rails come in different lengths according to model details . Ive just sourced a pair of grab rails for my G3LS only to find that there about 3/4" too long as far as holes ligning up are concerned......anybody throw any light on the subject?
RogerNorman

Rear grab rails

Post by RogerNorman »

To the best of my knowledge there are about 6 different types. Some have two holes at the back. Some have a hole and a slotted hole. Some are longer than others and there are also combinations within these. Your best bet I would suggest is to find another machine the same as your own, take some notes and a picture and either post it with a wanted ad on the web site or trawl the jumbles. Don't be misled by the Parts books either. The illustrations are nearly all the same but if you trace the numbers through the years you will find quite a number of variations.
RogerNorman

Rear grab rails

Post by RogerNorman »

To the best of my knowledge there are about 6 different types. Some have two holes at the back. Some have a hole and a slotted hole. Some are longer than others and there are also combinations within these. Your best bet I would suggest is to find another machine the same as your own, take some notes and a picture and either post it with a wanted ad on the web site or trawl the jumbles. Don't be misled by the Parts books either. The illustrations are nearly all the same but if you trace the numbers through the years you will find quite a number of variations.
John Turnbull.

Rear grab rails

Post by John Turnbull. »

Thanks Roger ......at least i know what im up against now!.....