Can't get into neutral.

Information relating to the Matchless G3 or AJS Model 16 350cc Heavyweight
NaughtyNetley

Re: Can't get into neutral.

Post by NaughtyNetley »

The 3 screws are out. How does it come apart from there?
Does the spline part tap out from the back?
Apologies for any silly questions.

Post by 1608 »

From memory, having removed the screws and plate the vanes should just push/ out. Its probably been intact for many years!
NaughtyNetley

Post by NaughtyNetley »

Yes it probably hasn't been touched for a while. Careful application of brute force managed to pursuade it out. Thank you.

Owners club spares can only provide the whole assembly but Fecked have them. I need to check their measurements though as it seems to be much bigger. I will call AMC spares as well on Monday. I won't be able to touch it now until Thursday anyway.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

NaughtyNetley wrote:Yes it probably hasn't been touched for a while. Careful application of brute force managed to pursuade it out. Thank you.

Owners club spares can only provide the whole assembly but Fecked have them. I need to check their measurements though as it seems to be much bigger. I will call AMC spares as well on Monday. I won't be able to touch it now until Thursday anyway.
Confused, what do we supply only as a whole assembly?
NaughtyNetley

Post by NaughtyNetley »

I rang to enquire about buying the spider and rubbers for the clutch for my G3 and I was told you only stocked the whole clutch assembly and it was very expensive. ???
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

That's horse shit, we stock all the bits separately. Any idea of who you spoke to and when?

If you look on the amoc parts service website and search the AMC clutch section you'll see loads of service items listed.
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Hi Neil

Rather than rely on a phone conversation, (which can become confused), why not look up the part number(s) you require and type into AMOC Spares quick search, (bottom left of the screen). The clutch shock absorber spider in this case is part number 040354 and typing this into the search box shows them to be available separately and in stock.

Regards Mick
NaughtyNetley

Post by NaughtyNetley »

ajscomboman wrote:That's horse shit, we stock all the bits separately. Any idea of who you spoke to and when?

If you look on the amoc parts service website and search the AMC clutch section you'll see loads of service items listed.
I don't know who I spoke to just it was late Fri afternoon.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Ok I'll investigate, however the best thing to do in future is as Mick has stated, look at the relevant section and see what is in stock and what's not.
NaughtyNetley

Post by NaughtyNetley »

Having done some more research over the weekend I find I was using part no 04/4334 when searching which I believe is an improved version according to AMC classic spares. I now see the one listed on Jampot.