Carburettor refurbishment

Information relating to the Matchless G3 or AJS Model 16 350cc Heavyweight
JEAN-NOEL

Re: Carburettor refurbishment

Post by JEAN-NOEL »

I am always amazed that some members direct those who question about spare parts, or about services, towards other suppliers before thinking of AMOC PARTS. The rule should be to recommend first of all AMOC PARTS, and only after others suppliers if it is unable to solve the problem. Am I wrong ?
Oldtimer

Post by Oldtimer »

Thanks for the replies and info., it is good to have all available info., incl., club parts list to make an informed decision. Obviously, I'll deal with AMOC as a priority.

Happy new year to all members!

Dave
Bruno

Post by Bruno »

Oldtimer wrote:Hi Bruno,

The slide has play in the carb body and the engine won't idle. The previous owner Had the bike for 28 years and never had carb trouble. He suggested a re-sleeve. I will price a new carb from the club. Thanks. Dave
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the background ... based on it my sense would be as per Mick's advice and go for a new carb. I've not had a re-sleeve done before and don't know the cost off-hand, but you can get a new carb for approximately £150 and it removes all doubts. The monobloc that's been mentioned already is the one to go for.

The AMOC parts department is great and the staff very helpful - if cost is priority, then in truth it is worth shopping around as they aren't always the cheapest.

Good luck, Bruno