g3l

Information relating to the Matchless G3 or AJS Model 16 350cc Heavyweight
woodside

Re: g3l

Post by woodside »

Right guys..
Seat is fitted it now rides and stops and does everything it should..
It's abit cleaner but is obviously pretty much as found ....
The thing is... (mods this isn't an advert ) my mates offered a px on a little bike I've been after for a while..thing is I've no idea how to value this...as in an earlier post it was correctly said it's not a viable competitive trials bike..and very far from a resto back to original.....
Any ideas as a value I should be atleast ok part exing against....
woodside

Post by woodside »

Pics
Last edited by woodside on Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ajsm18

Post by ajsm18 »

That is nice!
Triumph-Legend

Post by Triumph-Legend »

woodside wrote:Right guys..
Seat is fitted it now rides and stops and does everything it should..
It's abit cleaner but is obviously pretty much as found ....
The thing is... (mods this isn't an advert ) my mates offered a px on a little bike I've been after for a while..thing is I've no idea how to value this...as in an earlier post it was correctly said it's not a viable competitive trials bike..and very far from a resto back to original.....
Any ideas as a value I should be atleast ok part exing against....
Hmm, Mates price? Basically it is the price of the decent parts, plus a drink for the real scabby bits. I recon a mates price would be around £600 to £800 but with no come back moaning. Better to give it a wipe down with an oily rag and offer it as a trials rep on ebay. This is what most people and many traders seem to do and the price could easily go over the £3k mark. Again, as a barn find with no return offered. For heavens sake don't offer a guarantee, the motor could fall to bits at any time and the clutch centre, gearbox along with plenty of other parts may well be knackered. Especially as the bike has had a hard life off road.

If my comments seem a bit negative, ie, cut and run. This is because I have rebuilt a few AMC singles and know exactly how much it costs to bring these older British bikes back to a decent working condition. Even if most of the parts are there, the refurbishment cost will typically exceed the value of the finished machine.

Good Luck.

PS. I would never sell a less that near on perfect bike to a mate. Good mates are worth a lot more than a few quid.