Fitting a Saddle on 1952 16ms

Information relating to the Matchless G3 or AJS Model 16 350cc Heavyweight
PaulW

Re: Fitting a Saddle on 1952 16ms

Post by PaulW »

I too am looking to change my dual seat to a single seat on my 1952 16MS. For some reason, I can never view photobucket images posted on forums.

Has anyone experience of the new Indian seats? I don't have any fixings and they don't appear to come with them.

How did you get on Digby?
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

PaulW wrote:... For some reason, I can never view photobucket images posted on forums.
Paul, it's the same for everyone. Photobucket used to have a free photo hosting facility but this was fairly recently withdrawn. If the person who had a free account hasn't opted pay for the previously free service the photos are no longer accessible and just this 'Photo not found' message appears......
Photo not found.png
I believe that most of the saddles on the market (from U.K. dealers, eBay, Wassells, Autojumbles etc) are of Indian origin (many are produced specifically for the Indian made Enfield Bullet range) and care is needed to get the right size of saddle, the right type and the right length/orientation of springs and fittings. I think there are some threads on these forums if you try a search.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
PaulW

Post by PaulW »

SPRIDDLER wrote:
PaulW wrote:... For some reason, I can never view photobucket images posted on forums.
Paul, it's the same for everyone. Photobucket used to have a free photo hosting facility but this was fairly recently withdrawn. If the person who had a free account hasn't opted pay for the previously free service the photos are no longer accessible and just this 'Photo not found' message appears......
Photo not found.png
I believe that most of the saddles on the market (from U.K. dealers, eBay, Wassells, Autojumbles etc) are of Indian origin (many are produced specifically for the Indian made Enfield Bullet range) and care is needed to get the right size of saddle, the right type and the right length/orientation of springs and fittings. I think there are some threads on these forums if you try a search.
That explains it. Thanks Spriddler.