alloy cylinder

Information relating to the Matchless G3 or AJS Model 16 350cc Heavyweight
desmo

alloy cylinder

Post by desmo »

Hello everyone.

I am loking for an alloy cylinder for a 1960 G3 to replace the original
heavy cast-iron one.
Does annyone know who can suply one of these?
Thank you for any help.
Norman
silverarrow

alloy cylinder

Post by silverarrow »

Not easy (or cheap!) to find now as grabbed up by the trials boys long ago. look out for the ALfin ones that bolt straight on at jumbles etc.

You could also try www.amcclassicspares.com who are the best and biggest suppliers of used AJS & Matchless spares. (No Connection)

Les Smith (silverarrow397) [:o)]
Keep smiling
Rohan B.

alloy cylinder

Post by Rohan B. »

Someone here in Oz had a batch of alloy cylinders cast, to replace the heavy iron one on his roadbike. They were unfinished, needed maching to suit (G3 or G80) - and they sold like hotcakes, all instantly gone. Is reportedly looking into doing another batch, I'll enquire. Maybe I'll get one this time !!

Cheers,
Rohan.

RogerNorman

alloy cylinder

Post by RogerNorman »

Try James Holland at jhsracing.co.uk. They currently advertise barrels for 350,500 and 600 at £345.00. They used to list pistsons but I can't see them on the site at the moment but an E-MAil has always brought me a response back in a day or two.
Dont forget that the studs are through studs and are at different centres to the old cast iron barrels so you will either need new crankcases or need to source a set of carnkcases as well.