Rear number Plate/light holder

Information relating to the Matchless G5 or AJS Model 8 350cc Lightweight
les ward

Re: Rear number Plate/light holder

Post by les ward »

I guess a previous owner drilled it for some reason. Some of the other holes have been enlarged, so it will need a bit of work, but not a lot.
alanengineer

Post by alanengineer »

These dont come up often and this is relatively simple to restore, Say , yes please
Peter Morris

Post by Peter Morris »

My old G5 didn't have the hole, easy job to get the hole filed if it shouldn't be there
spotpaul

Post by spotpaul »

Hi Les, please email the price and I'll get in touch.
Best Regards,
Terry.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

As the others have said the hole shouldn't be there and the lamp unit fixing holes have been enlarged but ignore that as simple to fill. The tinware on all these bikes and even H/W's nowadays that anything that comes up that is half decent should be snapped up.
spotpaul

Post by spotpaul »

Yeah, comboman, seems to be the case. Just waiting for Les to get back.
Thanks everyone for the input.
Terry
clive

Post by clive »

Have not been keeping my eye on this thread, been too busy decorating the extension :headbang: . In future Terry can you place this sort of thread in the wanted section of the forum http://www.jampot.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=59 then I don't have to moderate it, although in fairness everyone has been quite well behaved, even comboman :shock: . Hope the part suits. Thanks Adverts Editor
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
spotpaul

Post by spotpaul »

Sorry about this but it appears I am on the wrong forum to ask for parts. I'm new to the site and apologise.
Thanks for the indulgence.
Terry.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

clive wrote:Have not been keeping my eye on this thread, been too busy decorating the extension :headbang: . In future Terry can you place this sort of thread in the wanted section of the forum http://www.jampot.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=59 then I don't have to moderate it, although in fairness everyone has been quite well behaved, even comboman :shock: . Hope the part suits. Thanks Adverts Editor

I thought that I was very good as well not mentioning my centrestands!!! :rofl: :rofl:
clive

Post by clive »

ajscomboman wrote:
clive wrote:Have not been keeping my eye on this thread, been too busy decorating the extension :headbang: . In future Terry can you place this sort of thread in the wanted section of the forum http://www.jampot.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=59 then I don't have to moderate it, although in fairness everyone has been quite well behaved, even comboman :shock: . Hope the part suits. Thanks Adverts Editor

I thought that I was very good as well not mentioning my centrestands!!! :rofl: :rofl:
So they fit lightweights too do they?

PS don't answer this as it would constitute an advert :headbang:
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix