light weight centre stand components

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
Ian 14 G2

Post by Ian 14 G2 »

I am trying to purchase a centre stand for my model 14 (bidding on ebay)
I have the correct centre stand bolt,spring and two large spacers with square holes and thats all but I dont know if there are more parts needed or how it assembles,my manual gives no imformation so I wonder does anyone have any pictures of all the parts I would need or information about parts or assembly, Ian.
Phamiltoneddy

Post by Phamiltoneddy »

I believe you need the centre stand stops, left (042582) and right (O42583). These are usually available as a pair from Andrew Engineering. Below are links to a photo of one of the stand stops and another photo which may help you with the centre stand layout

http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/uu24 ... 270063.jpg

http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/uu24 ... 260057.jpg
Ian5913

Post by Ian5913 »

In the square frame section engine plate a tube fits across as the front bar 042486 (I Think) for the return spring. The main return spring is 042342.

Ian
borrowashboy

Post by borrowashboy »

don't forget the cowhorn
bb.
Ian 14 G2

Post by Ian 14 G2 »

I now know I have the centre stand stops but it looks like there are a couple of parts still missing.
Ideally it would be great if there was a member up here in geordie land with a lightweight I could go and look at their bike and see the full centre parts and how it assembles and possibly get help from them. Even better would be a member reading this with spare complete centre stand from and old bike their breaking up for parts, but its taking me a while to get parts that I've needed so far so I'll just have to plod on and will get there eventually.
borrowashboy

Post by borrowashboy »

hi ian, if i get chance tomorrow i'll photo the whole caboodle for you and post it up. sounds like you are just missing the large spacer that goes through the spring and sits in the slots inside the channel. plus the cowhorn that holds the other end of the spring and goes in the little holes in the centrestand. if not too much guinness tonight, then i should remember
cheers, bb.
borrowashboy

Post by borrowashboy »

photo now posted. hope it helps you.
cheers, bb.
BultacoBen

Re: light weight centre stand components

Post by BultacoBen »

Have been trying to locate this or another photo of the centre stand arrangement for a G2.

I have a centre stand but no other parts. Rubbers seem hard to source but I could make some up with the assistance of some imagery.
http://www.ben-eddings.com
1966 Matchless G2 CSR scrambler
1986 Suzuki DR600 long-range explorer
1971 BSA B50T street tracker
Janet

Post by Janet »

I can't remember his name but there was a lightweight enthusiast/expert in the Bristol section. Perhaps you could pop along to meet him for a chat.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

A list of centre stand parts is listed in the parts list.
Ashampoo_Snap_2017.05.24_17h23m04s_001_.png
You can find info and pictures of the set up in the workshop manual. http://archives.jampot.dk/book/Workshop ... models.pdf
I had a problem with one of my lightweights many years ago. The stand did not seem to reach the ground?? I ended drilling a couple of holes through the cradle, fitting a new bolt to carry the stand. Bit of a bodge, but I could then use the centre stand. A P.O. had just removed the left footrest and bolted on some sort of Jawa side stand on the footrest hanger arm. Which I needed to remove as I wanted a footrest on the bike for my pillion rider.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.