G2 CSR engine rebuild

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
basketcase

G2 CSR Engine rebuild

Post by basketcase »

That would be most appreciated Alan, thanks again.
Cheers, basketcase.
alan

G2 CSR Engine rebuild

Post by alan »

seeing that you are still on line, i will go and get the parts now and try and pass the photo's on to you.
give me 10 mins.
regards, alan.
alan

G2 CSR Engine rebuild

Post by alan »

alan

G2 CSR Engine rebuild

Post by alan »

cant seem to be able to attach the photo's, i have sent you a p.m.
regards. alan.
basketcase

G2 CSR engine rebuild

Post by basketcase »

Hello, again..
The engine is almost there now...one problem being where the oil pump shaft goes into the case there appears to be a threaded hole in the engine case near to the back which aligns with a corresponding hole/slot in the oil pump shaft. The manual and exploded diagram don`t seem to show anything there and logic says that there shouldn`t be anything there (it will stop the shaft from rotating)but what, if anything, goes into the threaded hole? My thought, is it another breather like the one on the drive side through the stator or am I missing something. Could it be like the one on the cylinder head, a restrictor. Any help appreciated.
Cheers, basketcase.
Biscuit
Deceased

G2 CSR engine rebuild

Post by Biscuit »

Are you referring to the groove in which the guide pin engages to cause the pump to oscillate. There are also blanking screws in several holes where passage ways have been drilled.

You will have to be a little more explicit, is this hole radial or axial to the plunger?

If you don't appreciate how the pump works DON'T put any screws in until you have had an ear bashing from us lot

basketcase

G2 CSR engine rebuild

Post by basketcase »

Hello Alan,
Speak in my language and I might understand you!!!
I take it that axial means that the hole is in the end and radial means through the side, well if I`m correct (not normally) then it`s radial just before the end that goes in first, and not the one with the plunger 010138/010079. If you are looking at it from the engine case side the hole goes straight in horizontally, not at an angle.
How about that for explicit, though not as explicit as my language during the rebuild of this ******* `bike!!
Biscuit
Deceased

G2 CSR engine rebuild

Post by Biscuit »

Oil tank end or gearbox end? It's not the screw that holds the end plug in?

basketcase

G2 CSR engine rebuild

Post by basketcase »

It`s behind the oil tank, but towards the gearbox end!?!Not the hole in the end of the pump but 1/4" in and it`s a 5/8ths hole, not all the way through within a flat face the same width as the hole to a depth of 1/8th" on the opposite side, opposite end to an identical hole near where the plunger sits. Any better, don`t think that I can be anymore explicit sorry.
Biscuit
Deceased

G2 CSR engine rebuild

Post by Biscuit »

I'm afraid I'm lost on this one Nigel, I don't recall any such hole.

I reckon we need help from elsewhere - apologies.