On the hunt for some good quality parts

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
dave16mct

Re: On the hunt for some good quality parts

Post by dave16mct »

The club sell good gasket sets. There are no seals on the valve guides. If you have new pistons/rings, bores etc it could be it just needs running in. As the rings settle in the smoke should ease off in a few hundred miles or so. There is an adjustable screw to lubricate the inlet guide. This should only be a sixth of a turn out. This might be the problem. You need to join the club to get all the benefits of the spares and help from members, etc.
Dave.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Will2507 wrote:How would I go about joining the club? Im keen to learn as much as I can about these and hope to be riding it's soon as I can.
Easy, www.jampot.com and click membership. There you can do it all online. For what it's worth, the club are now the largest stockists of L/W parts, but that doesn't mean we have everything and there are holes that we're filling in whenever possible. Made harder by the fact that good literature for these bikes is not readily available like the H/W models. This forum however is the best you'll find for Lightweights.
g80csp11

Post by g80csp11 »

Will , where are you in West Sussex ? the local section (Sussex) meet at the Hassocks Hotel on 1st Wednesday of the month , next week in fact
Why not come along and we can help with getting you signed up for membership and show you the ropes for getting the most out of the national club. we meet from about 7.30 , and next week is bring a bike night , of course you can come in the car .