Model 14

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
ajscomboman

Re: Model 14

Post by ajscomboman »

shifter wrote:I have snooped/asked around and will continue to do so at getting a batch made to no avail up to now. Unfortunately foundry's and the like are few and far up this end
Same down in the south, however the thought occurred that maybe more a hobbyist manufacturer may look at these, people that produce items in museums etc. I'll keep snooping as well.
borrop01

Post by borrop01 »

Hi, I had the same problem in finding a good spline centre. For kickstart shaft. I purchased a similar sized new spline shaft off eBay but with straight shaft. Cut the new spline boss off and welded it to
My cranked origional kickstart shaft. Works fine.
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

I also had our local blacksmith weld the top from one kickstart with poor splines onto another with good splines.

It's been working a treat.

It was stick welding using a high chrome content rod.

Johnny B
Woodland

Post by Woodland »

I'm looking for a kickstarter for a G2, like mentioned very hard to get hold of, if someone could get them made I would be happy to pay upfront
shifter

Post by shifter »

Well that's the little model 14 finished it may not totally original or perfect but I'm pleased the way its turned out, its got a Cpl of testing run outs under its belt at the mo and I must say it performed very well.
shifter
Last edited by shifter on Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
?
Ozmadman

Post by Ozmadman »

shifter wrote:Well that's the little model 14 finished it may not totally original or perfect but I'm pleased the way its turned out, its got a Cpl of testing run outs under its belt at the mo and I must say it performed very well.
Nice one!!
Paul
1960 Model 8
1974 Yamaha RD250B US Model 6 speed
shifter

Post by shifter »

Thanks Paul, its a good feeling when it turns out close to the image in your head before pulling it to bits. But its not a patch on the job you did on your 350
shifter
?