Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
pecon

Re: I've just bought a 1960 Model 14

Post by pecon »

Thanks Clanger9 I'll do that later in the week
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

pecon wrote:Paul: Thanks for clearing that up, thats for the mid '60's forks right?. Were the fittings on the earlier 1960 frame also BSF?

Rob: I had not heard of Russels before and a search came up with a London company, would that be the same Russels?. There was no email address on the site only a phone number which is odd. Doing a search I also found mention of JSL but a Google search brings up nothing.

Peter
JSL ( Jampot Spares Limited ) would have been what is now club spares. Some time ago the club and spares dept. and the club, were separated, to form two limited companies. This was mainly due to insurance liability problems. Not so long ago the spares dept. was re united with the club. Russels or to be more precise, Russell motors Ltd. of Battersea, London, are an old motor cycle dealership that is still in operation selling off old stock. I believe also getting reproductions made.
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Wot Rob said, plus bear in mind that Les Myers, the owner, doesn't do email so you'll have to avail yourself of the new electric telephone apparatus.....

http://www.russellmotors.co.uk/
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
pecon

Post by pecon »

Thanks guys, that must make ordering interesting?

Peter
JimFitz

Post by JimFitz »

SPRIDDLER wrote:Wot Rob said, plus bear in mind that Les Myers, the owner, doesn't do email so you'll have to avail yourself of the new electric telephone apparatus.....

http://www.russellmotors.co.uk/
You will also find that like most of us now in our more senior years, Les no longer works full time so you will have to keep on trying if you do not get an answer straight away on the dog and bone.

Jim
Too old to Rock and Roll but too young to die.

1952 G80 rigid, 1960 G12 DL / Watsonian Monza, 1954 G80S.
Ozmadman

Post by Ozmadman »

pecon wrote:Paul: Thanks for clearing that up, thats for the mid '60's forks right?. Were the fittings on the earlier 1960 frame also BSF?
Peter
I think all of them are BSF, my Model 8 is a 1960 and that is BSF, maybe someone here with a later bike can just confirm to be sure but UNF/UNC came into use later I think here in the UK originating from the USA and Canada
Paul
1960 Model 8
1974 Yamaha RD250B US Model 6 speed
pecon

Post by pecon »

I was going through the spares section and found that the 5/16 bolts were listed so something to add to the order. I have a couple of queries on the suitability of spares but there does not seem to be a spares email address. Is it a case that if its not listed its not available?.
Janet

Post by Janet »

Generally, if it's not listed it's not available but there may be something that hasn't been updated. You can e-mail spares@jampot.com with any queries.
pecon

Post by pecon »

Thanks Janet, I'll pop off an email and see what happens. I just want to check before ordering due to the fact that I have a "hybrid" ;)
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Spares e mail address is on inside front cover of Jampot magazine under Parts Service..